Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share with us what you're working on, progress reports, and things you've finished this month!

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (21-25):
michiganmom116
by Crafty Rhonda on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Thanks! 

Now....I'm not sure what to do with it.  I'm afraid if I put it in a picture frame with glass that the glass will dull the effect of the sparkle.  If I don't put it behind glass, the black aida could get dusty or even faded.

Quoting clockwatcher:

Beautiful!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Just finished this morning!  The star sequins and iridiscent thread add a lot of sparkle that doesn't show up as good in the pic as in reality.

clockwatcher
by JoAnn on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I stitched a wizard years ago with the same effects and I had it put under glass. You could still see the sparkle. If I had stitched this, I'd make it into a pillow (my house is decorated mostly in Americana) so that I could show it off! Great work!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Thanks! 

Now....I'm not sure what to do with it.  I'm afraid if I put it in a picture frame with glass that the glass will dull the effect of the sparkle.  If I don't put it behind glass, the black aida could get dusty or even faded.

chefmartha
by Martha on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Here's where I was....

And here's where I am now. I'm more than half way done with it. Now that the kids are out of school and I'm not running around like a chicken without it's head I'm hoping to finish it. I've been looking in my UFO pile and I have about 12 pieces to finish. Since the Olympics are starting up at the end of July I may challenge myself to see how many I can get done before the end of the Games.

BJsMommy04
by Group Owner on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Yay Rhonda. Great job.

bookworm14
by Mandy on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

That piece is beautiful, Rhonda! I love it :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN