Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

September 2012 UFOs!

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 540 Total Views

Kids are back in school, Christmas is approaching....it's time to stitch!

What are you working on?

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bookworm14
by Mandy on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I've put in some good time the last couple days on my Stewart piece. Tonight I got some material ready to begin a huge project for my boyfriend. Will post pics soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

I picked up my Angel project yesterday while stuck at work. I'm hoping I'll be able to find time to work on it more often.

mommytrix
by Trish on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM
3 moms liked this

I've been very slow in this project since I've been doing other things in the side lol.. I guess that's why this is my UFO. 

BTW... stitching with the metallic thread was a nightmare, has anyone used it or knows any tips to work with it???

michiganmom116
by Crafty Rhonda on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Woooooooo!!!!  I LOVE it!

I've used metallic thread in the past...and it is a PAIN!  I had to cut it into shorter lengths and really take my time with it.

Quoting mommytrix:

I've been very slow in this project since I've been doing other things in the side lol.. I guess that's why this is my UFO. 

BTW... stitching with the metallic thread was a nightmare, has anyone used it or knows any tips to work with it???

clockwatcher
by JoAnn on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Years ago I made a picture of a wizard that had a lot of gold metallic thread in it. It turned out well but I was so frustrated working on it! The lady at our local cross stitch shop told me to use shorter lenghts of the thread, I know it took longer to stitch but it didn't get  tangled as much and would lay flatter. I think the key to using metallic thread is to use short lengths and lots of patience! Hang in there!

bookworm14
by Mandy on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's a pic of my latest UFO. Its gonna be quite a project. Its 250w by 196h stitches, 18"wide by 14" high. Quite a nice size piece :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bookworm14
by Mandy on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

And here's an update. Its the upper left corner. I've been working on it for a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bookworm14
by Mandy on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM
What's everyone been up to lately? No updates! I've gotten a lot more filled in, from the update above. Not really looking like much of anything yet. I can't wait to get this section finished up and then move on to the next. It'll be interesting to see how this piece progresses. I couldn't believe the pattern printed out to 15 pages, which is about a 4x6 inch section. I'll post another update soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Crafty Rhonda on Sep. 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bookworm14:

What's everyone been up to lately? No updates! I've gotten a lot more filled in, from the update above. Not really looking like much of anything yet. I can't wait to get this section finished up and then move on to the next. It'll be interesting to see how this piece progresses. I couldn't believe the pattern printed out to 15 pages, which is about a 4x6 inch section. I'll post another update soon!

I haven't made a lot of progress and I feel a bit ashamed  LOL

Holly126
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I just picked up my nephew's birth record. I really need to get it done soon. I'll post pics in a while.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN