Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

September 2012 UFOs!

Kids are back in school, Christmas is approaching....it's time to stitch!

What are you working on?

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Replies (21-25):
michiganmom116
by Crafty Rhonda on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Here's my progress:

Now, wanna hear the best joke?   The people that I'd intended to give this to as a Christmas gift ARE TOTALLY CHANGING THE COLORS OF THEIR LIVING AREAS!!!!!!!!!!!  IT'S NOW VERY LIGHT TAN AND A GREEN THAT IS A MIX OF HONEYDEW AND SAGE GREENS!

Sigh.  I'm off to order more fabric and floss to make them a new one.  I'm thinking of bone-colored evenweave and the DMC colors 319, 367, and 368.

Okay, so I ended up ordering Sandcastle Jobelan evenweave and DMC colors 3815, 3816, and 3817 for the colors.  I may throw in a maroon color, too.  Gosh, I hope the colors go good together.

chefmartha
by Martha on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I hate when that happens.  Guess you could always finish it off for yourself. :)

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Here's my progress:

Now, wanna hear the best joke?   The people that I'd intended to give this to as a Christmas gift ARE TOTALLY CHANGING THE COLORS OF THEIR LIVING AREAS!!!!!!!!!!!  IT'S NOW VERY LIGHT TAN AND A GREEN THAT IS A MIX OF HONEYDEW AND SAGE GREENS!

Sigh.  I'm off to order more fabric and floss to make them a new one.  I'm thinking of bone-colored evenweave and the DMC colors 319, 367, and 368.

Okay, so I ended up ordering Sandcastle Jobelan evenweave and DMC colors 3815, 3816, and 3817 for the colors.  I may throw in a maroon color, too.  Gosh, I hope the colors go good together.

mamagoose831
by Serena on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Love it!

Quoting clockwatcher:

Looking good!

Quoting chefmartha:

Ok I know I was bad to do this, but I took a project off oneof my frames and started a new one. I just got tired of looking at it so I went through my stash of fabric and threads and started a new project. Lucky me I had all but one specialty thread color on hand. I have ordered the missing color because no one around here carries The Thread Gatherer's Silk'N Color line. Anyway I picked out this Cross-Eyed Cricket pattern out....

I started it on Wednesday and this is where I'm at....

I like how it's coming out. It has two specialty colors, Prairie Grass and Autumn Bouquet. Prairie Grass is the only one I don't have. It should be here before I need it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chefmartha
by Martha on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Thanks. It's really moving along. I did have to do a little ripping but not much. I plan on spending a good part of tomorrow on it since I couldn't today. Had to get groceries or the peanut gallery starts complaining about being hungry. big smile mini

Quoting mamagoose831:

Love it!

Quoting clockwatcher:

Looking good!

Quoting chefmartha:

Ok I know I was bad to do this, but I took a project off oneof my frames and started a new one. I just got tired of looking at it so I went through my stash of fabric and threads and started a new project. Lucky me I had all but one specialty thread color on hand. I have ordered the missing color because no one around here carries The Thread Gatherer's Silk'N Color line. Anyway I picked out this Cross-Eyed Cricket pattern out....

I started it on Wednesday and this is where I'm at....

I like how it's coming out. It has two specialty colors, Prairie Grass and Autumn Bouquet. Prairie Grass is the only one I don't have. It should be here before I need it.

mamagoose831
by Serena on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Oh man isn't that the way it goes? Lol well good luck and I hope you find a loving home for the one you are making now.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Here's my progress:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)