Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

October UFOs

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 337 Total Views

Another month.  Now time for October.  Show what you are working on.  Oh and if you didn't know.....it isn't that much longer until December is here.....lol.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chefmartha
by Martha on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's where I am. Didn't get as much done yesterday (9/30) but it's coming along.....

I'm hoping to get some more done today. Not sure how much though because I have cupcakes to make today for tomorrow. LOL... besides needing a treat for one of her class my DD#1 turns 19 y/o tomorrow.

** Treats are done and now I plan to sew for a few before heading to bed.**

mamagoose831
by Serena on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM
HaPpY bIrThDaY to dd!!
My dd2 (3rd oldest child) turns 18 on saturday! Gah!! Where does the time go?!

Quoting chefmartha:

Here's where I am. Didn't get as much done yesterday (9/30) but it's coming along.....

I'm hoping to get some more done today. Not sure how much though because I have cupcakes to make today for tomorrow. LOL... besides needing a treat for one of her class my DD#1 turns 19 y/o tomorrow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bookworm14
by Mandy on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
No updated pics. The deer piece is coming along, in my eyes, but without knowing the pattern it wouldn't look like much.

Thanks for the reminder on December! Not sure I needed to know that ;-) maybe I'll have to include a couple ornaments in my projects for my stitching weekend coming up in 10 days. I could easily complete a whole pattern! And I gotta figure out what else I wanna take. I want options!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chefmartha
by Martha on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I wish I knew where it had gone. I realized today that I have been a mother for 23 years now. Because she was early and has had health issues due to that, DD#1 (child #2) wasn't expected to live past the age of about 6. And yet here we are 19 years later, she's a senior in High School and thinking about taking college classes after she graduates. For us every birthday she has is special.

Quoting mamagoose831:

HaPpY bIrThDaY to dd!!
My dd2 (3rd oldest child) turns 18 on saturday! Gah!! Where does the time go?!

Quoting chefmartha:

chefmartha
by Martha on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I did get some more done on my project today. I'll try and post a pic of where I am sometime tomorrow. I want to get it done before next weekend (10/12) because I have a baby book to make for a friend and I want to start it then.

chefmartha
by Martha on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Here's where I'm at....

I have finished all the cross-stitching on the letters UTU in Autumn. I'm now starting the letter M. It's hard to see in this picture but most of the leaves on and around the tree are stitched in an autumn toned silk thread called Autumn Bouquet by The Thread Gatherer. It's really pretty looking. I'm going to stitch the M but leave off on the stuff around it until the silk color I ordered comes in.

Poohy1975
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I really need to post a update.I'm over half way done with my UFO and i haven't put a picture up since i had just started.I will try to remember to do it today.

BJsMommy04
by Group Owner on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Happy Birthday to the Girls. :)

Projects look good.

chefmartha
by Martha on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Haven't gotten as much done this week as I had wanted to due to fall cleaning but here's where I am. I also got notified that the specialty thread I ordered 2 weeks ago is on it's way. I'm hoping it gets here before I finish the other colors on this letter since that is the only color missing from this letter. Once the 'M' is done I only have the 'A' and the 'N' to do plus the back stitching. Lucky me there isn't that much this time.

** I got my new color of thread yesterday and was able to finish the letter 'M' in Autumn. I've now moved on to the letter 'A'. I'll post a pic tomorrow of the letter 'M'. Hope the specialty thread shows up on the pics when I take them.

chefmartha
by Martha on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's the finished 'M'. I'm very happy with how it looks with the varigated silk thread. So glad I ordered it instead of filling in with the single color of DMC.

I'm now working on the letter 'A'.

I just need to finish the cat and put in a crow at the top before I move on to the letter 'N'. After that all I have left to do is backstitching. It's definitely coming along. If I can get the fabric I want here soon I will probably do WINTER next.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)