Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

December UFOs

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 362 Total Views

Woooo....we're late getting this one started!

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Crafty Rhonda on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM
4 moms liked this

Isn't exactly cross stitch, but I had to finish this before I can move on with my cross stitching.  It's for my DIL.

BJsMommy04
by Group Owner on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I am sooooo sorry I haven't been on here to post it.  Thank you Rhonda.

The stocking looks wonderful.

bookworm14
by Mandy on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

The complete first row! And I officially started a deer tail :) far right side, the little triangle. I'm a third of the way through the whole thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Mandy on Dec. 23, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Still working on my moms Christmas gift. Waiting for thread. It will be late lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I admire anyone who can do felt work.  I don't have the patience for it.  I purchased a really pretty fairy project several years ago and never could finish it.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Isn't exactly cross stitch, but I had to finish this before I can move on with my cross stitching.  It's for my DIL.

mamagoose831
by Serena on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Oh my goodness! Its so Stinkin cute!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamagoose831
by Serena on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the stocking I finished for my 8 year old Lyndzie.
mamagoose831
by Serena on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the stocking I finished for my 18 year old, Hailey.
chefmartha
by Martha on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

That is so cute. I still need to finish my youngest's stocking and she just turned 18. Perhaps 2013 will be the year I get it done in.

Quoting michiganmom116:

chefmartha
by Martha on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Sorry I haven't been on recently. I've been dealing with school stuff for the girls and holiday stuff for every other minute, any time left over has been used to get a baby book done for a friend who is expecting in Feb. I still haven't finished it yet. I'm hoping to get a page or two more done so that I can send it to her by mid-January. But here are the stockings I finished many years ago...

Mine and Hubby's.... I know some will recognize some of the parts from different patterns. I had planned on the straight cuff stockings for Jimmy and I but my son (then 3) tried to be like mom and snipped some fabric threads on Dad's and My stockings so in mid stitching I had to darn the fabric. I covered it with instruments for Jim and an angel ornament for me.

Here are Rob and Katy's stockings. I finished them shortly before the Christmas's of the year each child was born. I just took parts from the different 'rooms' available and made them individualized. Each child's nickname is in the blocks on the floor their given name is on the cuff.

And here is the youngest's stocking. I started it about a week after she was born (Her birthday is 12/25/94 making this offically the oldest UFO I have in my stash) and still haven't finished it yet I'm ashamed to say. I still want to put a clock on it with the time of her birth on it and a calendar that has her birthday on it. I need to finish the dolly on the bench and a tea table to the side. The last time I worked on it I finished the main stitching on the quilt. I'm trying to make it a continuation of the 'room' on her sister's stocking. I think I will make it my 2013 goal to get it finished and wrap it up for her Christmas Eve gift this next year. I need to look but I may need to get the patterns again. I pretty much have worn them out over the years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)