Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you working on now?  Share progress pics!

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Replies (41-45):
michiganmom116
by Crafty Rhonda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM

it's 7 p.m. and I'm sitting down to stitch for the evening....

....just the left side of the background and the backstitching to do...

Debbie0524
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I made this same piece...framed it and it is on display in my office at work. I originally made it as a "statement"....several years back my boss did not like us to be friends with each other and laugh and have a good time. Once I stitched the piece and displayed it.....everyone would come in my office and "borrow" it for theirs.

Quoting bookworm14:

Mobile Photo

Finished this cool piece, giving it to my sister to hang on her cubicle at work. She loves all things suns and moons.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bookworm14
by Mandy on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Haha, that's awesome! I can't wait for my sister to have it hanging in her cube, we work together so I'll be able to see it too!

Quoting Debbie0524:

I made this same piece...framed it and it is on display in my office at work. I originally made it as a "statement"....several years back my boss did not like us to be friends with each other and laugh and have a good time. Once I stitched the piece and displayed it.....everyone would come in my office and "borrow" it for theirs.

Quoting bookworm14:

Mobile Photo

Finished this cool piece, giving it to my sister to hang on her cubicle at work. She loves all things suns and moons.

chefmartha
by Martha on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Looking good. It's really coming out nice.  

Quoting shell3m:

The next day's picture.   I finally got done.  I've added what the original picture looks like so you can see the changes I've made.  :)

Orginal (it was for a girl):

As you can see I changed the pink drawer to Green and pink on the shoes to dark Blue; the purple drawer in the bottom to Dark Blue; and the side purple drawer to a Dk. gold-green and Med. gold-green color.   :)  The letters in the middle will be Blue also.  :)

BJsMommy04
by Group Owner on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM

She is just beautiful.  I love it. Glad you haven't given up on her.  Yeah, the joys of moving and Military. :)  

Quoting chefmartha:

Ok girls I'm working on the angel again. For those who know me you know I have been working on this for a very, very long time. For those who are new and don't know me, well I got the pattern back when the pattern came out in 1996. I started working on it back then but I had a lot going on and had to put it aside.  I had only finished a little 1 inch by 2 inch spot on it before putting it away. Then we moved and moved again. Ah the joys military life. I kept finding either the pattern or the fabric but never the two together. That is until we moved to GA upon retiring after 20 years in the Navy. Once I found it I started working on it again, that was in 2008. I then had to put her aside again with our next move to New Orleans. Well this year I made it a goal to finish her.

Here's where I am right now...

And this is how much I have done...

As you can see I don't have much left to do. When finished it will have taken me 17 years to finish. I only hope it won't take me that long to get her framed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN