Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you working on this month?  Share pics if you can!

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Replies (81-88):
chefmartha
by Martha on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Well I've been doing some work on the newest Angel.

Heres where I was...

And where I am...

But I also decided that I wanted to take something to do at Jimmy's (DH)softball games (Sometimes I'm the only woman there), so I pulled out this...

It's very pretty and I put it on a frame and started to stitch. But (there's always a but) it's 2x2 with one thread of silk on 32 count fabric. It has some over dyed threads, so no washing when finished. So a no go for games. I'll do it at home when I have too much of one color to do and need a break. Instead I am going to start this one for games...

It should go fast.

Just for giggles, here's DD#1, Katy, with my supervisor on the back of her chair. She (the cat) got brave and came out to visit while the puppies were outside for a walk...

chefmartha
by Martha on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I just took a look at the 'In the Arms of an Angel' pattern and realized that I am more than 1/2 through it. I still have a small amount of her skirts to do. (By color sections I have a small striped pattern, a small green 'ribbon?' and part of the pale aqua section to do besides the bottom of the red section) I also need to do her upper body and wings.

I've drawn a black line on the plastic pocket the picture is in to show how much I have done of the main cross-stitching. I still need to do the metallic thread but I want to finish the main fields of color before I do that.

If I'm lucky I can try and finish this one before the end of Labor Day weekend. (fingers crossed that I can) 

bookworm14
by Mandy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Pattern for current UFO in progress. 'i <3 to stitch and sew every day'
bookworm14
by Mandy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My progress, such a fun piece to work on :-)
chefmartha
by Martha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I don't remember where I saw it, but DMC recommends that you wash your stitched piece in cool water with a little bit of mild baby shampoo. I use Johnson & Johnson's no more tears. Works wonderfully.

clockwatcher
by JoAnn on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM

This looks like a fun piece to work on, makes it easier to get through it! Whenever I work a piece like this there is always one item (sometimes two)  on the graph that I can't wait to stitch. Great start!

Quoting bookworm14:

bookworm14
by Mandy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM
It has been fun and really quick going! I started these little buttons last night; it has quarter stitches which i hate! So that part isn't so much fun. but yes, there are elements i can't wait to get to! I've been trying to do the Backstithing as i go too, which is helping me get through too!

Quoting clockwatcher:

This looks like a fun piece to work on, makes it easier to get through it! Whenever I work a piece like this there is always one item (sometimes two)  on the graph that I can't wait to stitch. Great start!

Quoting bookworm14:

chefmartha
by Martha on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Here's my latest update.

The Angel I'm working on....

Before....

And tonight....

And my softball game piece, P's and Q's...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)