Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to all this!! I need HELP

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 276 Total Views

Hey Ladies,

My entire life I have had stomach problems.  Some meals would go straight through me and I puked at least every other day.  Anyway I finally have a doctor that think it isn't normal for me to puke all the time.  So over a week ago she put me on a wheat free diet and on tuesday I go back to do blood work and a scratch test for allergies.  Since I have been wheat free I feel tons better and haven't been sick unless I slip up and eat something with wheat (the oreos were calling my name).

The wheat free food is expensive.  I haven't been to Whole foods yet but I know it is expensive.  I went to kroger the other day and spent $5 on a loaf of bread.  I am a coupon user and normaly I get like $600 worth of food for $100 so this is a total shock for me!

I need recipes.  Where can I find some good recipes?

What exactly should I excpect at my dr.s appt?

Thanks for any help/support!

Kassi Cockrum
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
kassicockrum@marykay.com
www.marykay.com/kassicockrum
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
rejean
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Hi, im new to this also.  i dont have any answers, but i felt bad that nobody had gotten back to you yet.  I understand the frusteration with the cost of food.  I go to the local health food store and yesterday I went to a bigger city and went to a huge grocery store.  They had a larger selection, but the prices were still high.  The only reason I can buy it is because it is only for me.  The kids know they cannot eat it, so it does last a long time. 

I am getting some recipies from a friend.  One for Chocolate cake and one for carrot cake.  I will pass them on when I get them.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)