Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Triplet advice

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 1:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 219 Total Views
Hi,

My name is Katie I am 25 years old and a new mommy-to-be.  I am 23 weeks pregnant with triplet girls.  My boyfriend and I were very excited when we found out we were pregnant.  However we were a little shoked as I was on The Pill.  When we went to the first ultrasound I was about 12 weeks along.  The ultrasound tech looked at us and said, "DId you think there was only one in here"? We had entertained the idea of twins, but when she ever said,"Baby A, Baby B and Baby C, we just about fell over.

Anyway....

We are getting closer and closer to the estimated due date of July 9th. We are shopping and we have a Baby Shower/Family Gathering next week.  We have registered at several different stores and have been very specific on the itmes that we want. There are a few things that I can not decide what to get.

We would love some advice from other parents of triplets on what they have, and why they like or dislike the items. Or what they have found that works.

1) Bedding:
One crib for all, or 3 seperate cribs?

2) Stroller:
One large triple decker stroller with infant carseats or 3 seperate strollers?

3) Carseats:
Graco or Evenflo?

4) Breastpump Brand?

5) Vehicle?
We currently have a Ford Taurus that can accomdate 3 carseats and gear,  a Hyundai Accent and a Chevy S-10 that are not even close to big enough.
The Ford is actually my mother's (who we live with).  We have been car shopping, but can not find the right New or Used vehilce for under $20,000

Thanks so much

~KaTiE~
by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
missmoore154
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 7:29 PM
I'd say a triple-decker stroller, 3 cribs, and get a car that seats seven if you want to use it when they're 9 or 10. Forget seven. Go with 15.
These will be my choices.
sarah12345
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2008 at 6:52 PM
hi i am a 24year old new mom of 7 week old triplets and we have three sperate cribs but right now while they are so small they share one but soon i will be moving them to their own crib.

we use a triple stroller its the Peg pergo triplette that locks three peg pergo infant car seats in and then when they grow out of those it had the reg stroller seats that lock into place.

the breast pump i had was medela which worked great but i was re hospitalized for complications from my c section and my milk supply diminished and am not able to pump any more :o( but it wasnt the pumps fault

as for the vehicle my husband has a jeep cherokee which tightly fits three seats across the back and i had a 2006 Scion XB which i LOVED but could not fit three infant seats and boy did i try! so i had to sell that and we bought a used mini van... yes i am 24 with a dodge grand caravan :op

hope that helped! if you have any other questions let me know :o)

Sarah
mrspetree
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2008 at 11:35 AM

When I had my triplets (they are now 6) I knew I would not be having any more children so I borrowed as much equipment as I could.  I used two baby beds but those had to be returned so I ended up using three pack n plays which worked just fine. 

I had 6 car seats which were a hodge podge of brands, all had different latches which was annoying but all worked great.

Instead of high chairs, I used booster seats. 

Until last year I had a Chrysler LHS that I loved but with all three in the back seat they would end up fighting.  So I now have a Tahoe so they can spread out but gas mileage sucks. 

My babies were so small and never really caught on to breast feeding.  I pumped for 6 months or so but supplemented with formula.  One can would last a day and a half so I made it in the quick stir pitcher from Pampered Chef. 

I had a Peg whatever triplet stroller but it was hard to take apart to transport and hard to turn so I only used it to go on walks from home.  Otherwise I took a twin stroller and an umbrella stroller.  No, I never took them to the mall or anywhere like that by myself.    They were good babies but it was just easier for me to get a sitter if I needed to go somewhere like that or take along a friend.  I needed some alone time anyway.

Good luck!!!!!

Carpe diem!

Make new friends but keep the old,

One is silver, the other gold.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)