Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flight Benefits

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 2:11 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 1246 Total Views
Do pilots with young families really use all those flight benefits?  Um, we don't.  There was that one time we actually HAD to be somewhere, at a certain time, and we bought tickets.  And that was with one baby in tow. 

I can't imagine trying to lug 2 kiddos along with all that carry-on, through the airport, get there 2 hours ahead (at least) so we can stand in line, have our luggage gone over with a fine-tooth-comb (apparently if you're non-rev flying with a PILOT you are a terror threat???), then sit around the boring concourse....with 2 kids.  I've got to say...even with real tickets in hand, that description doesn't make traveling with kids via airplane sound fun at all!

I guess the only flight benefit we've experienced in the past 4 years--my husband's parents fly for free and that means they get out of here on a regular basis.  That's good enough for me!

What about you?  You flying to Paris for lunch lately?

by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
atoddlermom
by Group Owner on Sep. 27, 2007 at 8:16 PM
Nope. Don't use them. Don't have plans to.

Flying alone with 2 kids under 3 just plain sucks. Especially now with all the security issues. If we could slide by like our spouse's in uniform do, then I might consider it.

OR, if I could travel with my mom or a nanny, I might do something. But alone? NO FREAKING WAY!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN