Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is freaking out about a party piog

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 130 Total Views

Poll

Question: What should I do?

Options:

Cancel the party altogether

Turn it into a girls night and uninvite the guys

Say screw him and carry on as planned

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

Okay, so... I've been planning this party/bonfire thing for about a month now with mainly just my friends and their SO's. My BFF's DH is his BFF. The rest are 3 other girls and their SO's, and one guy friend and HIS GF.

Anyway, recently we found out that DS has a Cub Scout camping trip which is ALL weekend, including the Friday of the party. He was fine with it, up until yesterday. Then he threw a big fit, saying that I said it was going to originally be a girls night (which I NEVER said) and that I "lied" to him, etc.

I don't know what his deal is. I offered to turn it into girls night, or cancel altogether, but neither of those options are what he wants. What is his deal? He won't talk to me about it, but we're apparently now having a HUGE fight over it. He's never been like this, and he goes out ALL the time (and I don't).

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
momof3jam
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Well... after a conversation with a friend over lunch, she said I should be putting my marriage before my child's recreational needs and not let a Cub Scout event get in the way. She said she would try to make arrangements for him to go with a friend, but if that doesn't work out, then he doesn't need to go. I would feel kind of crappy for doing that to him though. Thoughts??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)