Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

more kids/

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 9:45 PM
  • 29 Replies
  • 586 Total Views

Im just curious how many kids do you gals have and how old r u ? Do you want more? Any of you feell judged for being young moms. Im 24 and I have a 7yr old dd and 4 and a half yr old son

by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolassmom87
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2008 at 11:48 PM
i am 21 and i have one DD. I would love to have more kids! if we could afford it i would have loved to have kids closer in age already. but we are waiting. we are going to try again maybe in the middle of 09..... but we'll see. Ive felt the stares comming from people some time... but ive been really lucky and have never had anyone come to me with rude comments.... and Both DH and my parents have been AMAZING through this whole thing so i havnt felt like i have been judged for being a young mom.
mamaof2748
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2008 at 1:10 PM

I just turned 23 and dh is 24 we have a 3yo dd , a 17 mo ds and I'm due with #3 right around Christmas. I feel judged by "older" people all  the time, especially being so pregnant and having a 17mo old, I really only feel that way around strangers, my family is totally different.. They all know that dh and I take care of our kids and are great parents!  oh.. and after this suprise pregnancy we don't want anymore for about 5 years or we might be done with just the 3??

mrsherron
by Member on Dec. 8, 2008 at 1:16 PM

I am 23, DH is 22 and our DD will be 1 on Friday. We want more kids (I want 4 or 5, DH wants 3), but we are waiting until DD is potty training to start trying for our 2nd, which shouldn't be another year since she already knows what the potty is for and likes to sit on her potty while I'm in the bathroom. My sister is a year older than me and she has a 14 month old and another little boy due Feb. 6, but she says she wants three at the most.

As for being judged for being a young mother, I have had sveral old women mstake me for a 14 year old. They either ask me where "our" mom is or give me a look of pure disgust. I just shrug it off. They don't know me and they are ASSuming. I'm a good mom and a good wife. What's weird is when people my age who are single and don't ave children are the ones making comments and looking at me like I'm a freak because I'm married and a mom. One girl told me I had messed up, that I was missing all the fun. I told her she just didn't know what life is really about. Partying is great and all but it can't compete with the love of a good man and a little baby who calls you mama.

LunaB
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2008 at 12:50 AM

RIght?! And anyway I was done partying at 19.

AND Just because the old people who look down on us did a bad job with their kids doesn't mean we have to with ours =)

Quoting mrsherron:

I am 23, DH is 22 and our DD will be 1 on Friday. We want more kids (I want 4 or 5, DH wants 3), but we are waiting until DD is potty training to start trying for our 2nd, which shouldn't be another year since she already knows what the potty is for and likes to sit on her potty while I'm in the bathroom. My sister is a year older than me and she has a 14 month old and another little boy due Feb. 6, but she says she wants three at the most.

As for being judged for being a young mother, I have had sveral old women mstake me for a 14 year old. They either ask me where "our" mom is or give me a look of pure disgust. I just shrug it off. They don't know me and they are ASSuming. I'm a good mom and a good wife. What's weird is when people my age who are single and don't ave children are the ones making comments and looking at me like I'm a freak because I'm married and a mom. One girl told me I had messed up, that I was missing all the fun. I told her she just didn't know what life is really about. Partying is great and all but it can't compete with the love of a good man and a little baby who calls you mama.

MOCHAMOMME
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 11:52 PM

I don't even know if I still qualify as a young married momma, I'm 26 and so is my hubby...we have three children and want one or two more but we probably won't have them any time soon. 

MamaKrystal
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2009 at 12:56 AM

I'm 22, will be 23 in the summer time and have a 2 year old daughter. Currently pregnant with my second child which is a boy this time around. I do want more but not for awhile after this little guy. I'm thinking maybe one or two more kids down the road. It's tough entertaining a toddler while you are pregnant and I know even more so afterwards when I have a newborn. I feel like I get more positive reactions now that I'm older and married then when I was when I had my daughter. Considering I was a single mom and 20 when I had her. I mean I still get those "LOOKS" from younger girls and women my age for having kids so young. I don't care anymore because I'm happy with how my life is now and would not change it for the world.

pregnancy due date
ColesMommy42207
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I am 20 years old and I have a beautiful little boy who will be 2 in April. We also have a new addition who will be joining us in May. We are very happy! I definately feel judged. There are several other couples we know who have kids around the same age as our son and are also expecting their second child. They are all in their late twenties and want nothing to do with my husband and I... oh well... it is their loss.

BeanIrene1
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Hi there. Just joined this group. I am 26 and my husband is 27.  We have been together for 12 years, and been married for 4 1/2. we are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this year in Las Vegas!

Anyway we have two children. Our daugther is 6 years old. I had her when I was 19.  Our son is 2 1/2 and I had him when I was 23.  We tried for a long time for each of our children. It took 6 months with Hailee and almost 2 years with Ethan.

My husband had a vasectomy 8 months ago.  So no we do not plan on having anymore. Although if I do get pregnant we would gladly welcome another wee one into our lives!

Luv03
by Member on Feb. 3, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Hubby and I are both 24 *only three months apart* we got married at 18 and planned for our little man who arrived at 20. My husband has wanted another baby every since our son was 6 months old but I wanted to enjoy him and being young and married =0)

Well, not my son is four and I feel its too late to start all over thus we are a wonderful, active, loving family of three...HOWEVER...hubby still has that desire for a DADDYS LITTLE GIRL. We have the most perfect life and I'm not sure a baby would keep things as smooth as they are now. Yes babies can bring so much joy to a home but they can also cause things to get more hetic etc. I just dont know what to do. Only time will tell but for now we have one =0)

My sexy 08 V-8 brand new tundra w/ my Sexy man =0)

Godsprophet
by Member on Feb. 4, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Well Im 28 and I have one son, not wanting anymore kids right now, but planning to get pregnant again at the end of this year. Sounds confusing i know but I'm always back and forth about having another kid.  I don't feel bad when older people judge me, they dont' know me so who cares what they think of me. I'm married, I'm in love and I'm doing alright for myself, I don't live for others, I live for God!

Being a young married mama is cool, we're all learning and growing somehow. My husband wants more kids but Im fine with my little man. But most likely I will have another one by the end of this year-sometimes I do want a little baby, I just hate when they grow up to be little temper tantrum throwing toddlers. LOL. oh the joy of motherhood! My friend and I are looking to get pregnant at the same time. she's a young married mama of one little girl, so maybe if I have someone to be pregnant with, it will be a little easier.

I don't know. Much love to all you gals, your doing well-keep moving forward.

God bless

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)