Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Can I Prepare Myself?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

It's almost bedtime, which is at 8PM. My dd has her usual bedtime temper tantrum forcing her grandma to put her to sleep every night. Grandma will also lie down with her and leave when she's asleep. Sometimes she ends up spending the night there. When my dd wakes up in the middle of the night, she refuses to let me even touch her to get her back to sleep. She only wants grandma. She used to be a good sleeper when we were sleep training her since 6 months. After 19 months, grandma got too involved and dd wasn't even sleeping in her own room anymore, she was sleeping with grandma and grandpa downstairs. Finally, I tried the Sleepeasy Solution method, but it didn't work because grandma was having a hard time putting up with the screaming and she always "rescued" her. Tonight I'm gonna try to use the Supernanny method; everytime she gets out of bed or her room I will put her back. How can I prepare myself to break her habit of sleeping with grandma and get her sleeping independently? I'm most concerned about grandma getting involved again at bedtime which I DON'T WANT. What worked for your kids when you were weaning them from co-sleeping? She is 2 years old and 2 months. But very advanced for her age and knows how to manipulate grandma to get her to stay in the room.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
cherry41089
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 8:50 PM

just put ur foot down and tell grandma no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)