Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2009 at 1:16 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 262 Total Views

Do you ever look at your peers and wonder if you got married too young? I mean I do love my husband and Im not seekig advice I guess just hoping Im not alone. I lovemy husband and I believe we would have married later anyway,but sometimes I look around and wish I had waited a few more years because I keep realizing all these things I didnt stop to notice before. There are days when all I think about is my friends and how they dont have the responsibilites that I do or how I have given up so much to build a home and family while everyone else is out being a typical 20 something . I miss the roadtrips,the late nights,and not having to answer to my husband about everything. I dont want to be single by any means,I'm just saying being married is a heck of alot different than dating and even though I knew my life would change I didnt know how much. It was my choice,but sometimes I wonder if my mom was right when she said maybe we should wait.

by on Jul. 26, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
papaya_mama
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2009 at 1:22 AM
GIRL, right there with you! Some days I just feel so overwhelmed and frustrated. Wouldn't trade my family for anything, just sometimes I think "Is this all there is? Is this all I'm going to do?" It doesn't help that DH and I hardly go out, I get jealous of my parents, for crying out loud - they are in their 50's and have more fun than I do! LOL.
I love my DH and DD so very much, but if anyone younger than I (I'll be 27 next month) asks my opinion about marrying young, I always advise them to wait. JMO, especially if they are in college. I tell young ladies - learn to be independent first - things are completely different when you are married. Not bad, but different.
tam84
by on Jul. 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Quoting papaya_mama:

GIRL, right there with you! Some days I just feel so overwhelmed and frustrated. Wouldn't trade my family for anything, just sometimes I think "Is this all there is? Is this all I'm going to do?" It doesn't help that DH and I hardly go out, I get jealous of my parents, for crying out loud - they are in their 50's and have more fun than I do! LOL.
I love my DH and DD so very much, but if anyone younger than I (I'll be 27 next month) asks my opinion about marrying young, I always advise them to wait. JMO, especially if they are in college. I tell young ladies - learn to be independent first - things are completely different when you are married. Not bad, but differen

I was trying to explain this whole concept to my husband last night and he's a few years older than me so he just doesnt get it. He was like "Well babe I wanna help you and you can do whatever you want...go to school,work,whatever." I keep trying to tell him even though I appreciate that it's not near as easy as it sounds to go to school and work with 2 kids and a husband! I cant just check out on them while I do what I want,but at the same time I cant try to be superwoman and spread myself too thin either. I know we'll find a way to make it all work,it's just things were so much simpler when we were dating and just spending time together AFTER  school and work instead of adding on all this stuff we've now gotten ourselves into. I agree with you that it's not bad,just different and def takes some getting used to.

cherry41089
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I know what u mean I got preggos at 16 i'm 20 now but in high school my friends biggest worry was past the test tomorrow mine was having a healthy baby and saving up for a crib

momof3jam
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I used to think that, back when we were only married a few years. But we already had a child together, so that made things a little more complicated.

You missed out on a lot, yes. But you've also gained a lot more by having a family early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)