Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you do about other people

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 11:54 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 271 Total Views

ok there is this a woman who is kind of related to me she is my husbands cousins wife.  well last weekend was the family reunion.  we were at the park and in the pool with our children, i have3 and she has 2.  I was sitting on the edge of the kiddi pool so my older kids could play, she was sitting next to me complaining that her husband was going off of the diving board and playing chicken and things like that, because she wanted to be the one who didn't have to watch her kids.  she was so busy complaining that she didn't even notice her two year old was face down in the pool.  i tried to get her attention and her father in law was yelling her name trying to get her to look but she just rambled on.  so i jumped in the water in my clothes, and holding my 5 month old out of the water, to try to get her little girl out of the water.  thankfully the life guard was there and she helped me get her out of the water.  this mom didn't even know her daughter was drowning until the life guard handed her back to her mom.  i am not perfect by any means but omg so people do not pay attention they are too worried about  what they want to do.  am i totally out of line for being frustrated with her?

by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mlovell
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

No you arn't out of line for being frustrated.. It's one thing to complain and what not but you still need to keep and eye on your children.. What did she say after that happened? 

tam84
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

No! I understand she needed someone to vent to,but she should have been watching her child and you're not wrong for expecting her to do that.

mangilina
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Quoting mlovell:

No you arn't out of line for being frustrated.. It's one thing to complain and what not but you still need to keep and eye on your children.. What did she say after that happened? 

after it happened she laughed and said that her daughter does that all of the time in her pool at home, then she handed all of her kids off to her father in law and went to hang out with friends.  so i sat in the edge of the pool and helped her father in law keep an eye on her kids

aMbeR012005
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Almost the same thing happened with my sister in law and me. She was sitting at the steps by the back door, i was on a chair near the pool. She has a habit of bossing around her younger siblings to do her job. Only this time, her little sister was playing with my husband in the deep area. Her 2 yr old slipped on the second step,and she sat there. I leaned in and grabbed him.Another second and he would have roled all the way in. I said , Hes your kid, watch him! I kept shut after that becuase i was so mad. There were a lot of people there, i know she was embrasssed because her auntie and grandma had already been on her case.

Instead of getting upset with her, im behind her like a kid. She doesnt like that, so she tends to keep a better eye on him, or shell just take him out becuase its too much work for her. We cant make them care. I guess thats the most frustrating part of it. Its worse when they have no shame about it and they take it out on  the baby for playing ya know? If it frustrates you, stay away, or try to avoid an opportunity for a converstation to start.

cherry41089
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM

omg I can't stand moms like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN