Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Days, weeks like this....I just don't understand

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 2:53 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 166 Total Views

You know, I love my DH, I really do. But there are weeks like this when I just don't understand him.  This week, had the potential to be great, but it wasn't. In so many ways. My birthday, our anniversary, and his birthday were all this week.  And we did nothing.  I mean I cooked dinner, pulled out the good china, bought a bottle of wine for our anniversary, and did my utmost to make his birthday special - considering both of us had to work and couldn't really celebrate until he got home around 6:30 p.m.  Today, it's like he woke up, looked at me, and couldn't stand me.  He's been so stand-offish since he woke up this morning. We ended up having a heated discussion before he left this morning. I assume 12 hours later we'd be over it, get to relax together, enjoy the fact that it was Friday. Nope, he comes home, still stand-offish. I ask him what's wrong - he says nothing. I try to cuddle w/ him on the couch and he shifts away.  He spends all evening in the bedroom w/ the door closed. When I come up, he leaves the room.  Any suggestions, Ladies? I'm not offering nookie, b/c he's turned me down twice this week.  He's going to have to bring it up if he wants it.

Thanks for listening.

by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mangilina
by Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM

dont take this the wrong way, but could he be cheating?  the therapist told me that a llot of men act like that because they feel guilty about something.  just a thought maybe he did something that he feels bad about.  my husband acts like that when he has done something that he thinks is a problem for us  or when he is really stressed out at work.

papaya_mama
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM

You know, I've actually asked him if there was someone else. Maybe not physically engaged with, but you know someone he noticed was cute at work, talked to, worked with often...he said no, there isn't anyone at work or anywhere else he's got his eye on. He said nothing was wrong. I asked if he had a long day at work, problem customer, etc. He just said no.  (sigh) This weekend though (Sat & today) it's like he came back to life, but he has these moments....idk how to explain it....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)