• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm looking and nothing...help!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 331 Total Views

I don't know if any of you mom's live in MI but i'm looking for summer activites or programs to get my ASD son in too.  He has PDD-NOS and I'm afraid if I don't find something for him he is going to regress again.  Any suggestions?  I should mention he's 3.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wolfgirlbec
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM

What about the YMCA? Does he like water? Perhaps you and he could do family swims a couple times a week? Or another class he would like on his age level like gym and swim or tumbling or something like that.The Y has alot to offer and I think as long as you are there and interacting alot with him,he would have alot of fun.Also,there is the library too.Does he like to be read to? you and he could pick out books or dvds,even audiobooks on cd or tapes! They also offer storytimes 1-2x a week and if he can sit still to listen that would be fun too.Plus these activities would also give him-and YOU!- the chance to socialize as well.Hope that helps.puppy

rugratsmommy4
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Thanks!  He absolutely hates the water lol.  He also has SPD so finding things for him is a huge challenge, plus being low income doesn't help lol.

goddessmom
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM

If you can't find something, create something. Play groups whatever just to get through the summer. I am sure there are other mommies out there who are haveing the same problem and if you help to create a park day whatever for them once a week you will find new resources as well as help him make friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)