Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ABA therapy needed for autistic son

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 641 Total Views
My son was recently diagnosed with autism and Also denied aba therapy by my insurance policy. My insurance provider denied svs because I have an individual policy and they only approve svs for policies that cover 50 or more employees. I thought
that I could enroll with my company's policy; however the insurance will not cover aba therapy because my company is "self funding" threfire the state or government are not required to cover my son's autism. I cannot afford aba therapy from therapists since most of them will charge me minimum of 45-60/ Hr. I am looking for students or students going thru internship for therapy that would charge me less and come to my home to provide the aba therapy fir my son. My son will turn 4 in July. I live in the orlando area. Please help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Losha007
by New Member on May. 22, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I don't live in Florida but I would check to see if there are any centers there that offer grants or sliding scales.  There are centers in my state that receive grants and use sliding scales forthose in their programs.  I would also check with your insurance about behavioral coverage.  My son has individual insurance and he gets 20 visits per year.  My son's aba center was able to collect for those 20 visits at least.  I don't know how far you live from the University of Florida, but I believe that they have a behavior analysis department there and you may be able to find some students there that may be available.  Hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)