Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

communion

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 7:04 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 699 Total Views

Hi,

As the time is just flying by it hit me today that my son will be turning 7 this Fwebruary and I was like wow I can't believe it. i was looking at photos today when he was born and it just seems like yesterday. I was also wondering about him receiving his first communion. He is autistic and I know typically you would go to ccd classes and then take part in the church ceremony but I do not exactly know how that works with children with disabilities. I have the give the church a call and see whtat they say. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this with your own kids and how did it turn out?

Thanks!

fingers crossed

by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
seaglassblu
by New Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Talk with your pastor.  I talked with my Pastor who talked with the CCD youth leader.  My son attended CCD with a "mentor" a young person who was earning some Christian Service hours,  the mentor stood behind my son when he went to receive the Eucharist for the first time - my son didn't even realize that he had a "shadow"!  My parish was flexible, many dioceses are instituting an outreach for the disabled - if your parish isn't aware of this maybe you should be the first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN