Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ihss and autism age qualifications

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:37 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 71 Total Views
I just read about age qualifications for autustic children i have not tried to get any in home care for my autistic son before. He is now 12 and i have basically been with him 24 7 the entire time except while in school. I only go out once or twice a year on Christmas eve because my mother comes to town to spend the holiday i would never go out and leave him with a sitter . MAIN REASON others are not aware of the severity of an autistic child auditory sensory issues, because of tnis my son could be tormented for hours. I will not allow this to happen, not on my watch,
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
alldaylong
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Now i worry that might have focused too much on providing a tranquil and calm environment that i didnt allow my son to adapt and maybe overcome these sensory issues. There have been times when i would test the boundaries by not stepping in to stop a small child from being verbally repetitive which would be highly agitating to my son with disastrous results, which i can compare to the scene on the movie Rainman when he refused to get on the airplane.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)