Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the week of hell...

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2008 at 3:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 151 Total Views
after one hell of a fight betwen the insurance company and the pediatrician's office(they have to give my son's referral)that took nearly ALL of last week,I will finally be able to have my son seen and rediagnosed by the pediatric neurologist. I have heard many great things about this guy and his practice in our "autism communuty" here,and I was really unhappy with the psychiatrist alex had been seeing -and for nearly 4 years!

he(the dr) was a real jerk and wouldn't even look at us most of the time-instead glued to his computer screen,he was very condescending if dh or I had any questions to ask ,and also the last time we were there for an appt(3 weeks ago),alex and his little sister got into a tiff-just normal sibling rivalry ok? so the dr sees this and has the fracking nerve to ask me if I wanted him to write a referral to the HOSPITAL!!! oh yeah, please intitutionalize my son because he is showing a NORMAL "typical" behavior!! WTF??!!plus, after 6 years of my son's diagnosis(asperger's,ADHD,and PDD-NOS),he suddenly tells me that he doesn't have ADHD and never did!! Now ask me if that makes sense after this asshole had been seeing him for nearly 4 years??!!! not to mention also, that we had to stop seeing him anyway because of changes in medicaid and what this establishment will accept. but I don't  care;we walked out that door and never even looked back! when I told alex he never had to go see dr doenlen again,he actually CHEERED!!!  but wait! things get even more interesting...
as I stated before, he had to be seen by his 'primary care physician"(aka pediatrician) in order for us to get the referral. so that was last saturday. and first, the pediatrician calls my daughter(she had a physical too) obese-which she's definitely NOT!-AND THEN tries to tell me that alex DOESN'T have aspie's(asperger's) and instead had autism on the high-end of the spectrum(well,duh! isn't aspie's part of that classification?!)!!! AND he tried to talk us out of seeing the pediatric neurologist too!!! needless to say, I have since found another pediatrician,stopped seeing that jerk who thinks he's a psychiatrist,and plan to get alex completely reevaluated and checked out by someone who knows what the hell they're doing!!! his appt is march the 20th and though it was quite a battle,I finally got things rolling and feel really good and positve that I made the right choices! just wish we had the $ to go out and celebrate!LOL!
by on Feb. 16, 2008 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PJSMOMMIE
by Member on Feb. 17, 2008 at 6:09 PM
i am so sorry you had to go thru with that. there are times when i go to dr.s or i see someone i know in a store adn they tell me well he doesnt look autistic !!!! grrrrr anyhow i hope this week is better for you keep fighting were here for ya !
wolfgirlbec
by Member on Feb. 18, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Quoting PJSMOMMIE:

i am so sorry you had to go thru with that. there are times when i go to dr.s or i see someone i know in a store adn they tell me well he doesnt look autistic !!!! grrrrr anyhow i hope this week is better for you keep fighting were here for ya !

thank you so much-it really means alot! especially when we are surrounded by so many ignorant and/or narrowminded people who don't know the first thing about our children or other loved ones with autism and asd's.perhaps our children will be an inspiration for some of these people to educate themselves about autism and the other disorders on the spectrum. we can only hope anyway!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)