Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wait List Update

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2010 at 10:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 367 Total Views

I see there are not a lot of posts lately, was wondering if I could get an update on housing on base and what the waitlist is lookin like these days? Thanks!

by on Oct. 20, 2010 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JadeTigr7
by on Oct. 21, 2010 at 8:40 AM

There are at least 5 empty houses here in Gordon Terrace.

I don't know about any of the other Terraces though (oh and those 5 houses are all near me).

mrsbailey05
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2010 at 3:46 PM

If someone needs a house, my home will be ready for move in Jan 1 2011 asking 900 a month lowest I will go is 850. going through centry 21. its a 3 bdrm 2 bath townhome 11 minutes from post.

loving2live
by on Dec. 14, 2010 at 7:25 AM
Unless there's no other option, dont live on post. There's some new houses, but a lot of it's old, musty, and needs repairs. One friend told me her family had to turn off the A/C in order to hear the tv. If you are lucky, you get a carport. Depending on you BAH, you get WAY more for your money elsewhere.

My Hubby and I bought a nice new 4-bedroom with a garage, deck, fenced backyard, and community pool -- and almost all our neighbors are NCOs.

There's also rentals and townhouses around. I recommend Grovetown, because it's close to base has some nice neighborhoods. I can give you the names of some subdivisions if you like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 15, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Living on post is not really that bad.  I have a renovated house in Gordon Terrace, and other than it being a little on the small side, it's not really that bad for our BAH.  When we were living off post we paid so much more for a crappier house than this, and have yet to find anything we could rent off post that compares.

I refuse to buy because I think it's pointless when we're moving every 3-4 years.

PAW to Michael
SAHM to James, Jade, Steven and Willow
loving2live
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 7:41 AM
I guess it depends on your rank and luck of the draw - my friends are definitely not in renovated ones. It's nice to know some people are happy on base. I guess it depends on your priorities and what's available.

We were able to get a bigger house off base than on, so my 2 stepkids have their own rooms even we don't have them full time. I think there's still good deals on homes out there, but back in April the $8000 new homebuyer's check from the IRS convinced us to buy. :-) Without that and the low interest rates, we'd be renting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Tcare
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2010 at 2:41 PM

The house rentals off post look like we get much more house alos we would spend less! We have been overseas so we qualify for the homebuyer check since we were unable to use it! So thats a plus! I would love some extra info on good safe neighborhoods. I do like Grovetown so far then Evans. All I have is pics and websites for now! We get to Gordon on the 7th of Feb. Also, how much are utilities? I cant seem to find info like that anywhere! Any tips or suggestions in utilities, phone, etc. department? Thanks again for the help!

Quoting loving2live:

I guess it depends on your rank and luck of the draw - my friends are definitely not in renovated ones. It's nice to know some people are happy on base. I guess it depends on your priorities and what's available.

We were able to get a bigger house off base than on, so my 2 stepkids have their own rooms even we don't have them full time. I think there's still good deals on homes out there, but back in April the $8000 new homebuyer's check from the IRS convinced us to buy. :-) Without that and the low interest rates, we'd be renting.

loving2live
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 8:23 AM
Depending on what size you want, I know there's some rentals and houses for sale in the Grove Landing and Euchee Creek, and there's one right outside gate 2 called Summerfield. Grove Landing has a pool, which is nice for the kids. Grovetown PD has had an excellent response time, even when just for noise violations or reporting kids trespassing on empty home lots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN