Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for you Boston Area Moms

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:09 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 227 Total Views

So i DONT live in the boston area, but i am origionally from norton, MA and we live in VA now. We are going to be moving back up in about 2-3 years and i just had a question for you boston area moms.. i figured what better way to get some good answers! sorry to intrude on your group :(

So my hubby got the wrong impression of the Boston Area last time we were up- i just did the normal of visiting family and he was BORED. oops. We are going again for a couple of days in May and i want to show him a good time. Problem is i am preggo so its kind of limited. We might go deep sea fishing and I want to try to get to a comedy club, but any other suggestions to show him how fun Boston can be? He thinks i am moving him somewhere boring when i finish college. lol. He would love Broadway and such, he likes comedy and the only museum type things he likes is stuff where they show where people were held captive and what not. maybe Salem? or is that kiddish because i went there when i was a kid, so it was great THEN but now?? SUGGESTiONS PLEASE for a 25 year old man! I need to show him Boston isnt boring--- while preggo so we cant go clubbing or what not! :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 10:27 PM

by Group Owner on Apr. 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Hi, this group is not very active...there is so much to do, Boston is my favorite city.  And, he should be able to have fun anywhere (jmo)

Go to see Blue Man Group, walk through the common and ride the swan boats, drive up to Gloucester and walk along the beaches and visit the town of Rockport or Marblehead for a true New England town feel.  Isabella Stuart Gardner is my favorite Museum.  Walk through Fanueil Hall/Quincy market for lots of treats, North End for great Italian and cannoli at Mike's.

And, of course, Fenway Park is the best baseball park in the country!  That would be a must do!!!

Do a duck boat tour, gives you a whole city view and lots of interesting facts...and it's fun, too!

Good luck! :) Debbie

by New Member on Apr. 22, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Blue Man Group

Legal Seafoods

Faniel Hall

Quincy Market

by New Member on Apr. 23, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Honestly, for a 25 year old, the DUCK tours and the swan boats are probably too kiddie-ish, but definitely hit up Blue Man Group, take him to a fantastic meal out in Back Bay (if you're willing to throw down serious cash Mistral is the Best!), or in cozy Beacon Hill, the tiny little Artu' has great Italian food, Faneuil Hall is great for drinking with 20-somethings, but probably not a great scene for you, especially if you got a big bump working, unless you're just going there to shop or have lunch during the day, then it's super cool.

The Wilbur Theater has good, older, comics, I think Lisa Lampanelli might be in town when you are here and she's (dirty) Hilarious! There's always a good ole sporting event like the Celtics (in the playoffs) and Red Sox games, but they can be pricey if you don't wanna spend a hunk or money.

Take him to the esplanade for a lunch too and walk (or if you're like me, waddle), it's hard not to fall in love with Boston when you watch the sail boats going by as you have a picnic on the beautiful grounds there. ANd yes, definitely walk the gardens too, super romantico and teeming with flowers right now.  

If he's into theater there's a ton of stuff going on, Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein will be opening in a few weeks too and that is great I've heard from friends who live nearby you (where it's already opened).

And there's always concerts going on here too, try House of Blues Boston and if you're into more indie-rock stuff, there's Middle East in Cambridge (though it can get a bit collegey).

Good luck! Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)