Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New from CT!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 281 Total Views
Hi!

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.  My name is Missy and I am from CT.  I live in a small town with my hubby and my 3 boys, ages 5, 9 and 13.  I am also a WAHM doing home parties with For Your Pleasure, which I absolutely love!  I am always looking to chat with new people, especially moms with similar interests as me.  I love scrapbooking (more like an addiction to it, lol), listening to country music, chatting on the computer and meeting up with moms in my moms group.  I've got a bunch of pets who mean the world to me (obviously second to my hubby and kids) and am always looking to find homes for abandoned and abused animals.

Hope to *meet* some of you soon!
MissySmile
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
parrothead
by Group Owner on Apr. 16, 2007 at 8:01 AM
Hi Missy, welcome!
I am in Southern NH, just north of Mass.  I did grow up in Conn., though.  Where are you?
I, too, am a work at home mom with two little girls, 5 and 3.

:)Debbie
www.healthymomsandkids.com
momofjtriplets
by Member on Apr. 18, 2007 at 11:05 PM

Hi Missy!  I am from RI, so we're not too far away.  I am a SAHM to 4-year old triplet girls.  I think we would get along great cause I am also very much an animal lover.  I have two dogs, a bunny rabbit and three fish.  I did have two bunnies, but one died.  When I was pregnant, everyone kept telling me that I would need to get rid of my pets.  I looked at them like they were from another planet!  I could never do that.  They are my babies almost as much as my daughters are. 

Anyway, nice to meet you! 

Joann

CTToyLady
by Member on Apr. 20, 2007 at 11:55 AM
Hi!

I'm actually in Ansonia, which is in the Naugatuck Valley near New Haven.  Where were you located?

Missy
CTToyLady
by Member on Apr. 20, 2007 at 12:01 PM
OK, I can bet every always asks you how you do it with triplets!  Mine are evenly split in age and they still drive me nuts!!  I strongly believe that God gives multiples to extremely special parents.

Yeah, Im a BIG animal lover.  Hubby hates it when I go to the pounds to give them old towels and blankets or food.  He's always afraid I will bring home another animal!  We currently have 2 dogs, one shep/rotty and one shep/pit....both are really great dogs that we got as pups from a shelter.  We also have a cat that showed up at our door that we have taken in, one guinea pig and one hamster.  I used to breed the hamsters but stopped about 6 months ago.  At one point we had 13 babies.  I only bred when I had enough people who wanted them.  Plus mine were pure bred angora syrains, which you cant find in pet stores with out them being imbred.

Trust me...there are times when I sit and think...if there was a fire, do I take the kids first or the animals....lol...j/k

Missy
momofjtriplets
by Member on Apr. 20, 2007 at 2:27 PM
Hi Missy!  Yes, everyone always asks me how I do it with triplets.  Believe me, most days, I don't know how I do it either.  They are going to be four years old soon, and when I think back to when they were babies, I don't know how I survived. 

I donate my old blankets, towels and pillows too!  I used to donate newspapers too, but I guess they are all set for now.  It makes me feel good to donate something since I can't always donate money.  One of my dogs came from a rescue group in CT in Fairfield.  He is part rot/shep mix, but I also think he is part beagle becaus he has ears like a beagle, and he howls like one.  Not to mention he's on the smaller side, definitely not the size of a rot or shep.  I hope to get a bigger house soon and get another dog.  My husband says no, but I'll get my way!  He he!

Joann

Quoting CTToyLady:

OK, I can bet every always asks you how you do it with triplets!  Mine are evenly split in age and they still drive me nuts!!  I strongly believe that God gives multiples to extremely special parents.

Yeah, Im a BIG animal lover.  Hubby hates it when I go to the pounds to give them old towels and blankets or food.  He's always afraid I will bring home another animal!  We currently have 2 dogs, one shep/rotty and one shep/pit....both are really great dogs that we got as pups from a shelter.  We also have a cat that showed up at our door that we have taken in, one guinea pig and one hamster.  I used to breed the hamsters but stopped about 6 months ago.  At one point we had 13 babies.  I only bred when I had enough people who wanted them.  Plus mine were pure bred angora syrains, which you cant find in pet stores with out them being imbred.

Trust me...there are times when I sit and think...if there was a fire, do I take the kids first or the animals....lol...j/k

Missy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)