Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone in massachusetts?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi. im lindsay. im from western ma. i have a 20 month old girlm, her name is allie. anyone in the area for play dates?

by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
SoInLoveYS
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Boston is in the building baby
xCaRrIe3137x
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I live in the berkshires (Cheshire)

smilingmomma
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I am in Plymouth

MsBlueBelle
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Please, please, please don't misunderstand this response.  I had to do a mapquest directions to calculate the distance from Revere, Ma to Pittsfield, Ma.  The miles came to a total of 148 miles, (one way).  I know that is a LONG WAY for a play date with toddlers in the car.  I remember driving from Texas to Alabama with my step dd, age 4, and there are miles on Interstate 10, that there is just nothing for hundreds of miles.  That is why I kept a little potty in the trunk for just those emergencies.  When I lived in Ohio, my dang exh wanted to visit his Momma here in Alabama every damn weekend, that is 643 miles each way.  I had our dd, as well as my step dd, and after working 40 plus hours each, I came to hate that road every damn weekend.  Come on, once a month, nope every weekend.  Yikes.  Wonder why my marriage failed?  But, I live in Alabama and I am used to driving a long distance to get just about anyplace, we do NOT have public transportation and a car is a requirement, there are NO sidewalks and every place is MILES away, even a Wal-Mart is 15 miles from my home and I live IN the city of Montgomery, which is only a few miles from the State Capitol Dome.  I have a doctor that I have to see once a month.  It is 96 miles each way, for a 15 minute appointment.  It takes it out of me when I spend a day on the road.  I remember taking chemo treatments in Birmingham which is about 110 miles each way, then driving home, and be home on time to pick up my two children (step dd went to live with her Mom in Texas) and try and live a 'normal' life. 

I am not complaining.  I just live for the day when I can live back home in Massachusetts, I just found my perfect condo home, and it is only 7 miles each way to my doctor in Malden!  Wow, 7 miles.  I cannot wait for my first winter.  I will be the nut out in the snow, with my service dog, with my power chair making a fool of myself.  I cannot wait.  I really cannot wait.  Only a few more months.  I am beside myself, I wish it was tomorrow that I will be back home, HOME, the place I was born and grew up! 

Cheers all! 

Jansan24
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Boston area moms, there'a a Living Social deal for the Woburn and Danvers Little Gym. It's a great deal 4 classes (usually $20 per class) and the family membership (typically) $40.00. Great way to meet moms. http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/459824?rpi=86359686&ref=personalized-link-box-86359686&rui=39963623

Chisy
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Hello Lindsay, I realise it's been over a year since you posted the post above but i thought i might aswell answer anyway. I live in MA too. Are you still an active member here?

MsBlueBelle
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I will have to wait and see what Hurricane Sandy and her path of destruction to make my final choice of whether to move back to New England.  I am used to Hurricanes, so they do not scare me, preparation is the key.  I want to see what the $300,000 condo unit I am thinking of buying looks like after Hurricane Sandy.  If that condo is smashed to bit, my move is moot.  If is just under water, well it will also be moot. 

linzermonkey
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

kind of, i check in sometimes. where are you from how old are your kids? my daughter is 3 now

AJPS87820710
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I'm from western Ma.!!!!

linzermonkey
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting AJPS87820710:

I'm from western Ma.!!!!

what town? i sent u a friend request

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)