Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lonely in New Hampshire

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 243 Total Views

Hello all! 

I was here a long while ago but I have been lost in face book land for a year :P 

I moved to NH from NY just over a year ago, but I still have not made any friends.  

I admin a little group branch that is trying to gather like minded moms in Merrimack County, NH.  Take a look if you are in the area! 

It's really hard to meet people here and I am a social, friendly person...I promise! 

Thanks, and message me if you like or you need more info. 

Peace, 

Annette 

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/zen-parents-of-merrimack-county-

Pagan-Buddhist-Universalist,GREEN,breastfeeding,baby-wearing,Waldorf mamma of 2 intact, cloth diapered, bed-sharing, delay vaxed, "Attached", SPIRITED & happy little BOYS born at HOME!

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
merryvoice
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM

My husband and I moved here from California 6 years ago, and it was quite the adjustment! It took us a long time to get out there and make friends, but it's definitely possible. We live in Nashua, so I would love to join your group. 

I hope you can get out there and make some friends. Here is a great place to start! 

Do you mind if I ask what made you move from New York? Do you like it here? 

boomamma
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hello! 

Don't mind at all...

we moved from NY for several reasons.  We both have wanted a different lifestyle, less materialistic, less self absorbed surroundings.  People in NH are very down to Earth and not wrapped up in fashion and money.  Also, money itself was an issue.  On Long Island, we could have afforded an appartment or small house in a bad neighborhood...but here, we can have a multi acre property with a big house for the same price.  I want my children to grow up surrounded by nature and with the opportunities you have here; to learn water sports and winter sports...and other kids who are being raised more "free range".  

We love it overall so far, but before, in NY, we had a very active social life.  I have been here a year and I don't have any real friends...neither does my  son really.  I'm trying to find home schooling groups that will work for us, and that should open doors.   

~Annette

Quoting merryvoice:

My husband and I moved here from California 6 years ago, and it was quite the adjustment! It took us a long time to get out there and make friends, but it's definitely possible. We live in Nashua, so I would love to join your group. 

I hope you can get out there and make some friends. Here is a great place to start! 

Pagan-Buddhist-Universalist,GREEN,breastfeeding,baby-wearing,Waldorf mamma of 2 intact, cloth diapered, bed-sharing, delay vaxed, "Attached", SPIRITED & happy little BOYS born at HOME!

merryvoice
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I moved here for a lot of the same reasons, so I totally get you! It's very expensive in California, way over-crowded and also too fast-paced for me. We were fortunate in that my husband's job moved us here. 

It took me years to find good friends, so I also feel you there. You just have to put yourself out there. Go to places where you have things in common with people. I think the group that you're trying to find is a great start. Right now I'm trying to find "mommy and me" playdates so I can expose my daughter to people, even though she's only 6 months old. It's never too early to make friends!

I wish you the best of luck. You seem like a pretty awesome person, so I have no doubt you'll make friends!

Quoting boomamma:

Hello! 

Don't mind at all...

we moved from NY for several reasons.  We both have wanted a different lifestyle, less materialistic, less self absorbed surroundings.  People in NH are very down to Earth and not wrapped up in fashion and money.  Also, money itself was an issue.  On Long Island, we could have afforded an appartment or small house in a bad neighborhood...but here, we can have a multi acre property with a big house for the same price.  I want my children to grow up surrounded by nature and with the opportunities you have here; to learn water sports and winter sports...and other kids who are being raised more "free range".  

We love it overall so far, but before, in NY, we had a very active social life.  I have been here a year and I don't have any real friends...neither does my  son really.  I'm trying to find home schooling groups that will work for us, and that should open doors.   

~Annette

Quoting merryvoice:

parrothead
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Hi Annette and welcome to NH...

I found success with the MOMS club in Bedford, NH.  Also, you may want to check out the holistic moms' club for more like minded mamas.  

I didn't read through the threads, but how old are your kiddies?  Can you get involved in the schools or another charity where you can meet some moms?  Where in NH are you?  I am in Bedford.  

Friend me on facebook if you want Debbie Callahan Ellis.  I know lots of peeps!  I have lived in NH for almost eight years; time sure flies!  I haven't been very active on this site but am the moderator of this board. (that's my photo with my daughter...she's now nine! :)  But, I can still carry her!)  I also have a group of moms on facebook in the area that grew to 400 in only a couple of weeks.  It's a great resource.  

Anyhow...you need to connect with some people!  Hope I can help you.  :) Debbie

www.TheCanvasRoadshow.com

Join the fun on facebook at www.facebook.com/canvasroadshow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)