Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you love New England?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2008 at 8:04 AM
  • 34 Replies
  • 910 Total Views
why?

why not?
by on Jun. 29, 2008 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parrothead
by Group Owner on Jun. 29, 2008 at 8:09 AM
I love New England!!!

I took it for granted until I moved to Seattle for seven years...I missed so much!

Luckily, we are home now for good!

I love the ocean, the four seasons with serioius weather...sun, snow, everything!

I love the character of people who live her, the character of so many towns, Boston and all it has to offer, Red Sox, Patriots...Boston sports are the best!

:)Debbie

Moms Helping Moms Work from home...together!

www.HealthyMomsandKids.com You CAN earn a reliable income @ home!

alcinoe
by on Jun. 29, 2008 at 12:43 PM
I am a country girl, but it surprises me how lucky I feel to be this close to Boston. There are just so many things to do. We have libraries at our fingertips and the T, gosh I love the T. The only thing I don't like is how expensive it is to live here. I just got a VERY small amount of groceries, not even enough to feed us for a day and it cost almost 50 dollars! I have some stores in the freezer, but I don't know how long that will last. Scary stuff. Still, this is my home and I intend to stay here, at least until the ocean rises!
Michele

momofjtriplets
by Member on Jun. 30, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Quoting parrothead:

why?

why not?

I think I would have to say not really!  The winters are tough, the summers are o.k., but even though I am in the Ocean State, the water is very cold even in July & August.  It is nice that I am near some of the nation's best hospitals, but I would love to be somewhere where there are things to do (like go to the beach) that don't cost an arm and a leg.  Also, it is soooo expensive to live here.  Rhode Island sucks!

Joann
Karleen14
by on Jun. 30, 2008 at 9:36 AM
Part of me loves to live in New England, the seasons, I love Fall in NE the most and love the ocean. But to live in RI is so expensive, we don't have the extras in life and we barely make ends meet. The only vacation we get to have is in NH at my in-laws time share with them.

For Weighted Blankets & Vests, Clothing & Crafts visit  www.karleensideas.com.

Karissa     Donald       Karl            Kyle 

used2Bcool
by on Jun. 30, 2008 at 10:24 AM
I LOVE New England!!  The worst weather we have to deal with is snow.  We know when it's coming, we know how to drive in it, we can deal with it.  It's not like we get those horrible fires, mudslides, earthquakes & avalanches like some other parts of the country.  Even tornadoes & hurricanes are not that often & mild in comparison to the rest of the country.  Plus I love that we have all 4 seasons!

There is so much to do here!!!!  We have mountains, the ocean, the city of Boston, amazing sports teams, the best hospitals, prestigious colleges, wonderful museums, zoos & the Boston Aquarium.

We have the Newport Folk Festival.  Plus there have been some amazing musicians & actors to hail from New England.

And my favorite thing about New England is the use of the word "wicked" LOL!!

Want to do more for YOU?  Need a little motivation to spoil yourself?  Come check out my new group!!  http://www.cafemom.com/group/47656

delaja
by Member on Jun. 30, 2008 at 10:55 AM
I live in RI and can find all kinds of things to do that are on the cheap or free.  Unfortunately it's the GAS that's the problem.  I have 5 kids but usually only have 4 with me (my stepdaughter lives with her mom).  State parks are free, there are always free events going on, and they have their Feinstein Junior Scholar cards that admit them (and a guest - me and their little brother and sister!) to the Childrens' Museum and Zoo for free (as well as other places at a discount). We have a summer pass for the state beaches which ARE cold but after that first dive in the water it's great!  I wasn't too fond of RI when I first moved here (I'm originally from MA) but this is home now.  It seems to be expensive to live anywhere right now.  It may be cheaper to live in other regions of the country, but the pay rate is low there as well.

I love New England; the seasons, history, tradition. 

Oh, and I love to use the word WICKED, too lol. 
colleeniebeany
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2008 at 11:09 PM
I absolutely LOVE New England wouldn't have it any other way. I live on the coast right by the water. I am lucky enough to only work part time so i spend my day at the beach with the kids the hubby loves to fish on the weekends.Just wouldn't seem right going for an ice cream ride and not being able to watch the waves as you eat it. I love sledding in the winter and having snowball fights ( not so fond of the shoveling) but we make sacrifices lol. i couldn't imagine living someplace where i couldnt just drive to the beach...I lived in Arizona as a teenager for a brief stint and hated it. No beach, to dang hot all the time, too long of a drive to a lake....yup i Love New England :)
mkhoshi
by on Jul. 15, 2008 at 1:18 AM
I moved with my family to New England 2 & 1/2 years ago and I must say I love this place!! I fell in love with it as soon as I put my feet on the ground. Coming from Los Angeles, it was a big change but it didn't take us much to adjust....
I love 4 seasons, and at the most winter because it remains me my home town in Argentina, good memories come to my mind.
I love the people around, their personalities, very family oriented.
So what else, I think it was the right decision to move to the east coast.
Kahana-ri
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2008 at 7:23 PM

I have loved New England, but It is time for us to move back home.  I've lived in Rhode Island for over ten years now.  I do love the seasons, Halloween in Salem MA is such a treat, apple picking, snow during December,  the ocean so close and historic charm is irreplaceable. 

However, now that I have two small children I dearly miss my family.  All of our family members are in CA where I grew up.  My husband and I agree, if we good just move our house and jobs to CA, we'd be in a very happy place.  Someday we'll go back, but for the time being New England is amazing place to live and raise a family.

anniekelleher
by Member on Aug. 1, 2008 at 9:32 AM

i really like living in new england... the countryside is beautiful, the people are friendly but respect boundaries, we are close enough to boston and new york i can go there whenever i want - which admittedly isn't often.  i love the small town feeling of the place i live. 

only thing i don't like about it are the winters.  we live near hartford right on the snow-ice-line and it seems we get a lot of ice some winters... when people north of us get snow and people south get rain.  now that i don't work outside of my house it isn't as bad, but we still need food!! 

...read my blog! .....http://anniekelleher.blogspot.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)