Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you love New England?

Posted by   + Show Post
why?

why not?
by on Jun. 29, 2008 at 8:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
armymom81788
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I love the beauty of the summer and fall.  The colors are beautiful and where I live it is rural but not too rural. 

I would like to be closer to a city.  I hate the cold.  I am too old to deal with it.

mrs.pyle
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 10:45 AM

i think im the only one who doesnt love new england. The new health care law in MA is ridiculous and has forced many people who have lived here their whole lives to move and start over, people are closed minded and in denial and the main focus seems to be making yourself LOOK better as opposed to truly bettering yourself.  The high cost of living has really affected our economy, and small businesses who once thrived in MA are now slowly being picked off.

i do love the t, how close everything is, the red sox, patriots, celtics, bruins,bc lacrosse, harvard sq, longy school of music, all the museams,apple picking, pumpkin picking and the fact that in my town i can have whatever farm animal i want thanks to their being little to no zoning laws. 

Bubbles318
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2011 at 2:36 AM

I love New England in the summer. I can really do without the winter...

jessiejean
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:12 PM

i love new england because of the seasons the thing i dont like is sometimes we have long winters (like this year) 

1stTimeMomma08
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:42 AM

ehhhh, ive lived in New york most of my life but the weather doesnt really diffrer and im not a fan of the winter time but all the other seasons are pretty and i have yet to venture my way around New England but for what i have seen its pretty awsome

boomamma
by Member on Jun. 9, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I have always LOVED New England. 

We live on Long Island (NY) now and we are planning a relocate to southern New Hampshire.   My inlaws are in Vermont and we can't wait to move to the country, yet have a small town atmosphere and be 20 minutes from a small city all at the same time.  

The seasons, the winters and the short summers are what we are looking foward to.  We have heated our LI home with a wood burning stove for a few years now and have some practice...plus we crave the "country life" and all it has to offer our children.  I want a slower pace of life and people who acknoledge the people and world around them...and New England has that! 

mitikusmom
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

YES!  I can't imagine living anywhere else!

momtomimi
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I do love New England,except for the winters,I am not a person that like the cold,but the fall is beautiful with all the leaves.

Crissy2424
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I do, but I don't love NH. I love the fresh air in the spring, the warm weather in summer, the changing leaves in Fall and the first snowfall in winter.....what I don't like is mowing the lawn, the 90 degree weather, the raking up the leaves and the SHOVELING of the snow, not to mention driving in the crappy weather. Otherwise, people are friendly and I love the countryside.

supamuda
by Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I LOVE New England. I moved here 2 summers ago from WA. My fiance brought and I moved over to NH(he grew up here, but has lived in ME and MA too) while I was late into my pregnancy. They gave him a choice to discharge or deploy after he found out I was pregnant so he chose to dischage so we could raise our family here. I've been here about a year and a half and I've fallen in love, never moving back to WA!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)