Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I originally from Maine and now live in New Hampshire & i seem to have the hardest time finding local mommies on here :)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 8:22 AM
Replies (41-47):
gemini53176
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:41 AM

nice area

Quoting armymom81788:

I'm in Wolfeboro!  2 miles from Lake Winni.

craftylilwitch
by New Member on May. 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

hey there~ I live in Rochester, been here for almost 16 years

Crissy2424
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I live in NH! I live in Weare, actually.

ToTheTop
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Hi my name is Oriana and I am originally from NY.  For the past 13 years I've been living in Hudson, NH and I love it.

MsBlueBelle
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

What is Hooksett like now?  There was not much past a set of apartments, a fruit and veggie stand, then Shaw's grocery store then nothing until we got to the lake in Northwood, NH.  So, what is it like today.  The last time I saw it was Summer, 1977.  I am sure it has changed a lot.

Quoting lauraleighpooh1:

We're in NH.  Hooksett. 

MsBlueBelle
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I was born in Massachusetts and lived there until 9th grade.  Then I moved to New Hampshire and lived there until I graduated from high school.  I left in the Summer of 1978 and have not been back since then.  I find my childhood home online, see how people have changed it, I miss the small town feel that Boston was when I lived there.  That is why I have a difficult time leaving the place I live now because here is so much like Boston circa 1968.  Small town feel in sort of a big city.  I don't have to worry if I forget to lock the doors, children leave their bikes on the front lawn all the time, people leave boats, motorcycles with keys in the ignition.  This is a place that people know and speak to all our neighbors.  I did go to Boston on my way home from London, it was only one day, not planned, our airplane had engine problems and we missed our connecting flight to Atlanta.  So we got put into a hotel in Chelsea, Massachusetts.  My then new husband thought we had died and gone to H*ll, I was just remembering that this was the city I was born in!  Then we got to his grandfathers house and I had to use the bathroom, they handed me the Sears catalog and a shotgun, (no lie) the catalog was the tp and the shotgun was for the snakes.  So sorry, outhouses left over a century ago in Bean town.  Right?  Now who felt like they had died and gone to H*ll?

Quoting MJSpecial:

I'm in southern NH having moved from Massachusestts in 1997.

I love it here, and hope you find it to be a welcome place too.

MsBlueBelle
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I cannot get over how many of you feel that you cannot meet up with other Moms in NH, I was shocked when I left and realized how big other states are.  I took my nephew who has never been outside of Massachusetts and had him drive back to my home state, he was tired of driving after Virginia!  Wow, I told him he better get his fanny ready for the rest of the drive, only 1,500 miles more to go.  The best fun was driving him through Atalanta, he was amazed at the speed, the hundreds of airplanes taking off and landing, the buildings that go on and on, it takes hours to drive across Atalanta.  I did not take the 485 loop, I stayed on 85 South and drove through the city, since it was between morning rush hourS and lunch, we got through the heart of the city in only 3 1/2 hours.  We switched places, I told him to stay on 85 South and wake me up when he hit Auburn.  He would not be able to miss Auburn, orange tiger paws painted on the highway.  Aubie is the mascot, a tiger. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)