Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting to Know You

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM
  • 30 Replies
  • 1025 Total Views

Welcome to Utah Mamas!

Whether you're new to the group or have been around for a while, feel free to introduce yourself!

What area or city do you live in? Tell us about you and your kids!

This group is about making friends, and saying hello is the best place to start.

by on Feb. 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brookelas
by Group Mama Leader on Feb. 13, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Hi Mamas!

My name is Brooke, and I'm 23 years old. I'm a freelance hair and makeup artist. If you've been to Frightmares! at Lagoon recently, and seen the musical review shows, then you've seen some of my handiwork. :) I also love to write fiction and am working on a few projects, two children's books and a novel of my own.

I love crafting, sewing, going for walks with my boys and finding new ways to save money or be more Earth friendly.

I have two little boys. Gregory is 2.5 and William is closing in on being one! They keep me on my toes, that's for sure! My DH, Carl, is a computer programmer. Thanks to all of the companies going under the past few years he's working as a technical support agent for locally based internet hosting company, but we're lucky and grateful that he's at least employed!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and making a few new friends. :D

Nifer24
by Utah Mama on Feb. 13, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Hello Brooke! Great ideas! I would love for this group to be more active.

I'm Jen. I'm 26. I live in Tooele. We've lived here for a few months, prior to that we lived in Springville. DH is a retail manager for a sporting good store. We're still adjusting to his time mangement, but overall it's been a good experience.

I'm a SAHM to 3 awesome kids. Colby will be 5 next month. Which I can't believe! Avery is 3.5 and Nolan is 9 months. They keep me on my toes as well. :)

mama_girl07
by on Feb. 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM
I'm Aubree. I live in West Jordan and I'm a stay at home mom to 2 girls. Emma will be 4 the beginning of April and Addilynn will be 2 the end of March. My husband Jeremy works as a paralegal for Seigfried and Jensen. I love cooking, baking and photography. I'm also passionate about car seat safety and am hoping to become a tech this year. I would love to have playdates with anyone who wants to make new friends.

Lol I feel like I'm writing a personal ad: )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nifer24
by Utah Mama on Feb. 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Lol...me too. I've recently become interested in car seat safety as well. It's so interesting to me. Though my DH wishes I didn't so much. :)

Quoting mama_girl07:

I'm Aubree. I live in West Jordan and I'm a stay at home mom to 2 girls. Emma will be 4 the beginning of April and Addilynn will be 2 the end of March. My husband Jeremy works as a paralegal for Seigfried and Jensen. I love cooking, baking and photography. I'm also passionate about car seat safety and am hoping to become a tech this year. I would love to have playdates with anyone who wants to make new friends.

elisa330
by Utah Mama on Feb. 15, 2011 at 12:04 PM

hi im elisa and i live in taylorsville, utah ... i have 3 kids a boy 11 a nother boy 8 and a girl 3, im a stay at home mom and my husband works for ogden city as a firefighter, i went to hair school so i love doing hair and crafts and working out.  my kids are my life i love watching my boys play baseball and my little girl dance... i love to meet knew people and hopefully we can get another gno group going again so we can meet lots of utah mommies!!!!

alsmom101
by Newbie - Welcome me! on Feb. 15, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Hi Ladies Im Judy, Ilive in davis county, I have three kids, 14yo girl, a 4 yo boy and an almost 2yo boy. I would love to see this group more active and gno is always a good idea! Im sure we could all use one!

Claudiomom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Hello ladies,

I am nalani and I have three wonderful boys, three,two and two months old. We live in west Jordan, I am a stay at home mom and I sound most my day at home with my kids. It will nice to get to know everyone and having more mommy talks.
brookelas
by Group Mama Leader on Feb. 25, 2011 at 10:30 PM

LOL, I felt much the same way. :)

Quoting mama_girl07:

brookelas
by Group Mama Leader on Feb. 25, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far, it's nice to meet you all!

SarahHasAnEvan
by on Feb. 27, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Hi! I'm Sarah (27) and I live in Salt Lake. My husband, Nathan (30) and I have been married for 6 years and we have one little boy, Evan who is 1.5. We are expecting our second son, Eric in April.  My husband works in Murray as a Sr. Software Engineer for a healthcare company and I go to school fulltime at the U. I graduate this year with my BS in political science and plan on going to grad school (MPA/JD) in Fall 2012. We moved here to Utah in 2008 from Anchorage, Alaska. I'd love to make some new local friends!

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)