Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Racy or intimate? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:17 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

Poll

Question: Racy or Intimate?

Options:

Racy

Intimate

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

In a few weeks, after the holidays, I am getting maternity photos done. Some poses alone, and some with DH. Well, I am wanting to do some nude, with my parts covered, of course. One of the poses I wanna do with DH is our hands making a heart on my belly. One half of the heart my hand, and the other half his. Then have his other arm cover my breasts, and my other arm around his neck with us smiling at each other. Nothing sexual about the look or anything, just happiness for what we have created. So do you think this sounds too racy? Should I wear like a sports bra or a button up shirt instead?

pregnancy

www.myspace.com/kittypooh1982

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
utahkritter
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:30 AM

They are YOUR pictures, so you should do them how you want! If it would be possible, why don't you do both poses and chose the proof you like better! You can always keep the "racy" one for yourselves and display the others in public areas of your home! I'm sure you hubby would love to have the racy one in his wallet ;)

pregnancy calendar
ronibaloni
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I'm not sure how to vote on this one...I don't think it's racy but I don't think it's intimate either...how is having another person (even if that person is a professional) looking at your naked body while your husband stands there intimate? My personal opinion is that it's inappropriate when you have a third person there...Although the idea is a really good one :-) I think if you can figure out a way to do that without the photographer it would be a great picture for just the two of you.

mommy_of3boys
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 4:34 PM

I think it is a beautiful idea!  I wish my hubby would have done something like that.  If your worried what people will think about the photographer seeing you naked, I'm sure he/she can leave the room while you get into position and covered up.  I say go for it Momma!

mamabear2410
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Personally i think it sounds wonderful, i also wish i would have done something like that... maybe next time!!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about the photographer. If you go somewhere that is professional i dont think its an issue, my SL is a photographer and she has been asked to take nude preggo photos. It doesnt bother her at all, she views it as it is... a beautiful art. An art work that will capture that moment with your husband and your unborn child.

VelvetCat
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:44 PM

Well, personally I dont have an issue with being naked, but to each their own with comfort.  Nudity isnt always 'naughty'.  I am assuming you were naked to make the baby... and that is a beautiful thing.  It is just the human body in a glorious state of pregnancy, IMO.

Just do what you feel is best for you, and that you will be comfortable doing and wearing....  these arent for anyone but you guys anyways....

JustMeNGabe
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:55 AM

Quoting VelvetCat:

Well, personally I dont have an issue with being naked, but to each their own with comfort.  Nudity isnt always 'naughty'.  I am assuming you were naked to make the baby... and that is a beautiful thing.  It is just the human body in a glorious state of pregnancy, IMO.

Just do what you feel is best for you, and that you will be comfortable doing and wearing....  these arent for anyone but you guys anyways....

I 100% agree I could not have said it better. that is Awesome do it! 

nightshade
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:54 AM

I say go for it. They will be beautiful!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)