Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi~ I'm new here

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

Hi ladies!! My name is Crystal and I'm new to this group and to Utah. Less then 3 weeks ago my hubby (Juan), kids (Michael 8 and Jeremy6), dog (Roxy) and I moved to Cedar City from Bakersfield, Ca. We are right now living with my mom, dad, and (one of) my grandmas. So far I am really liking it here. My boys and dog really love playing in the snow (a first for all of them), lol the hard part is guessing who is having more fun. I'm a 28 sahm but I'm hoping to go to school soon and then to be able to work. That's about it for now. Feel free to ask me anything I'm a open person. I look forward to getting to know all of you and hoping to make some new friends.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kellilavon
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Welcome!  I am also new to this group, but not to Utah.  I have lived in Utah my whole life and think it is a wonderful and beautiful place to raise a family.  I hope you love it as much as I do!

Ella 3/14/07              Elysee & Dean 8/20/08

semillion2
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Hi Crystal....I am kind of new here also, actually new to the USA and new to Utah.  Been here now for about to years. I am originally from Sydney New South Wales Austrlia. I think I am the only Austrlian here in Utah. I have five children, 22yrs Daniel in Australia, Sydney, 21 yrs Chantel, Casey 18yrs, Zachery 17yrs and Clarissa 15yrs. We have two and a halve at home:):) My eldest is getting married in 2010, so she spends alot of time with her fiancee. I am also new to this site. So feel free too drop us a line. I am Ann-maree 42yrs.

Bye for now

Ann-maree

Ann-mareegift

lilnoah2007
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Hello Crystal, My name is Cristina I'm also kind of new to this group. I also just moved from CA. I used to live in Moreno Valley CA. I'm also a SAHM. I have a 13 month old named Noah. We moved to Riverton UT, so far I love it out here. But the good thing is that i get to go to CA like every 1 or 2 months to go visit my family and friends. Welcome to the Group :)

dustbunny
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 12:46 AM
Hello. I am Sonya from Ogden. I moved here from FL but an originally from WA. We love it here. There is so much to do here and we love the four seasons. What are you wanting to study? I want to get into the nursing program. My problem is that Ogden Weber Applied Technical College only has day classes for the medical program. Now, I have to check with Weber State. I have three children 10, 6 and 2. I am a SAHM and don't want to leave my toddler with just any one. I hope to be able to take online classes.
Momsboys2
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 11:35 AM

I'm thinking about working in a retirement home, but I don't want to do any of the medical stuff. I was thinking like a day planner or something. I really enjoy being around older people and taking full care of my grandma this week hasn't been work at all. Good luck trying to get an online classes. If that doesn't work why not ask a good friend or family member to care for your children. Just a thought.

Quoting dustbunny:

Hello. I am Sonya from Ogden. I moved here from FL but an originally from WA. We love it here. There is so much to do here and we love the four seasons. What are you wanting to study? I want to get into the nursing program. My problem is that Ogden Weber Applied Technical College only has day classes for the medical program. Now, I have to check with Weber State. I have three children 10, 6 and 2. I am a SAHM and don't want to leave my toddler with just any one. I hope to be able to take online classes.

TylerKeshasMom
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Hi Crystal I'm also new to the group, I'm originally from UT but I just moved back from Southern Cali, Hemet to be exact...it is a huge adjustment to get use to isn't it? well just wanted to say welcome to UT and the group...my name is Lisa I have a 10yr & 5yr old plus one cat (I had to bring her with me from Cali)

Momsboys2
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 11:32 PM

OMGosh!!! You are never going to beleive this, but Hemet was the town I grew up in!!! Two of my sisters are still there. Talk about a small world. It is a big adjustment, but I'm really liking it here. Why were you living in Hemet?? I couldn't wait to leave that town. LOL But growing up it was a LOT smaller then it is now. What part of Utah are you in?? I don't know where most places are, but I'm trying to get the hang of it.

Quoting TylerKeshasMom:

Hi Crystal I'm also new to the group, I'm originally from UT but I just moved back from Southern Cali, Hemet to be exact...it is a huge adjustment to get use to isn't it? well just wanted to say welcome to UT and the group...my name is Lisa I have a 10yr & 5yr old plus one cat (I had to bring her with me from Cali)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)