Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone know any good mommy and me classes/?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 198 Total Views

I have a 2 1/2 year old son whose only friends are his much older cousins (who are now sick of playing with a toddler). I'm trying to find a good place for him to meet friends. Does anyone know any good mommy and me classes or anything like that?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momnesia84105
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I take my 2 1/2 year old to little gym classes in foothill village.  It really lets her be crazy for a while.  When we are home we go to the Wed. morning pre-school story hour at sprague library at 11:00 am.  I also just discovered that the children's museum has different classes for kids in the mornings.  You can look at the calendar on their web page for more info.  Post if you find a good class!

mamabear2410
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM

About a yr ago for two sessions winter/spring and summer  i took my daughter to The Little Gym... there great when you want to play with your toddler and have them play with other kids there age plus you can talk to other moms and dads there. I stopped taking her not because it was a bad place but because she was ahead of all of the other children and she began to get bored and rush the other kids so she could get her skill done. They wouldnt put her in the next level because she had to be three and she just turned two at the time. The classes are once a week and they last 45 min, they also do payment plans. I think the price is a little much for such short time but a toddler only can pay attention for so long. The Little Gym also does a parents survival night where kids go there i think fri/sat nights and do art, gym, movies while parents go out and have a date.

Also yes many library's have story time just for toddlers at least once a week, check there schedules.

And there is always me, my husband works alot out of town and i am always looking to get out and have fun with my girls i have a 6 month old and a 2 1/2 yr old.

Send me a message!!!!!!!!

Quoting  :

I take my 2 1/2 year old to little gym classes in foothill village.  It really lets her be crazy for a while.  When we are home we go to the Wed. morning pre-school story hour at sprague library at 11:00 am.  I also just discovered that the children's museum has different classes for kids in the mornings.  You can look at the calendar on their web page for more info.  Post if you find a good class!

AnnaZee
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I work part-time as a children's librarian for the Salt Lake County Library, and there are lots of storytimes out there (some better than others),  but go to www.slcolibrary.org and check in the calendar listing to see what's available at a library near you.  I work at the Whitmore Library in the Cottonwood Heights area, and we are starting a Wee Read for under 3's on Weds at 11:30 beginning in February - I know that the time is not great, but it was the only time we could squeeze it in.  The Salt Lake City Library also does programs and their website is www.slcpl.lib.ut.us (I think).  

I also did Little Gym in Foothill Village with both my kids, and we loved it.  With my first, it was where I met many of my mom friends and where my daughter found her first friends.  However, that was awhile ago.    We also did Kindermusik with both (we took from Miss Carol at the Children's Ballet Theater), and that was great too - I think you can find classes at kindermusik.com.  And the parent/tot dance classes at Virginia Tanner at the U are also really fun.

Also, groups like the MOMS Club of SLC and Mothers and More have activities and playgroups for kids.   I was part of both groups when my kids were younger, and it was a great experience.

Good luck!  Now that my kids are grown and in school, I miss the Mommy & Me times.

Truffles09
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I take my son to My Gym (not mine but that is the name). It is a great place for him to play with kids his age and burn off some of that endless energy!! The classes start at 8weeks (I have my 4mo in those) I am not sure if you are a part of the class at 2 1/2 but I think you might be. It is a great place. Here is the web page. www.mygym.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)