• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertising/business plan

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 360 Total Views

Hey guys,

I am in a small town and work at a salon. I am trying to move from part time clientelle to a full time over the summer. I want to create a business plan for the next few months and find a way to make this work. I am looking for advice.  and some stories on HOW you made it work for you.

Thanks, Crystal

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
majicpiper
by New Member on May. 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Hi Crystal,

I used to work at a salon, and how we always brought new business in for massage was to offer them five or ten dollars off the price for "new clients". We also had cards for buying five massages the sixth one would be half off. They used to advertise in the local paper for the special. It seemed to help bring them in, but the down side was not many returned. Not sure where you live, but I think that has alot to do with it. I'm in Ohio and its very hard. I have chosen to go on my own. I think any special skill you have is a great way to advertise. If your are approved through workers comp that will help increase clients and income.

Hope that helps..much success to you..have a great day!

Freyamoms rock

trinnaman123
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Hey thanks, i already offer something like that, But maybe i need to advertise it more. Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)