Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW TO'S TUTS HERE!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2008 at 5:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 578 Total Views
You can create an upload your own how too tuts here.  The first one will be uploaded shortly after I finish posting this!!!  If you create a how to, please know you are agreeing to answer questions from people who will email you using your profile name and page.  If you have questions please do not post them here, you may either post it on the regular board, or email the creator of the tut.  Well enjoy!
by on Apr. 7, 2008 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
remjsmom76
by Group Owner on Apr. 7, 2008 at 5:11 PM

This is a how to make a pillowcase dress. This is my first attempt at making a how to so please bare with me!  ENJOY!!

remjsmom76
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2008 at 7:20 PM
                       Making KORKERS!!!!

OK...How to make korkers.  You need to get ribbon that is 3/8" wide or less...I use the 3/8" and the 1/4".  You will also need 3/8" or 1/4" wooden dowls...you can find these at Lowes, and have them cut it there for you to size...they are long and it wont fit in your oven.  You will also need wooden cloths-pins the ones you use to hang cloths to dry outside.

Heat your oven to 250F...Now with your wooden dowels you fold over the edge of the ribbon about 3/4" down and with folded side against the dowel you will hold the folded edge with one hand and twist the ribbon around and over the folded edge so it will stay put on the top. Continue to twist the ribbon around making sure it is nice and taught and all edges are flush against each other. 

When you get to the bottom, you will pin it down using the cloths pins. and then cut.  Bake in heated oven for 15 minutes, bring them out using an oven mitt and let it cool completely.  let go of the pins and slide them out. 

to cut to length, I pull them straight against a ruler and using a wood cutter I cut at the desired inch.  Rule of thumb...a straight 6" cut will make about a 3" to 4" korker.  When you cut, the ribbon will bounce back into a curl. 

Now you have korkers...you can use them to do many things from sewing to presents to bows. 

HOW TO MAKE THE KORKER BOW!  

follow the directions above...and when you cut the korkers to your desired length you will start piling them up on a threaded needle.  Use as many korkers as you want with as many colors as you want, just make sure not to use to much that you can sew right through the layers.  When you are done and satisfied with the amount of korkers and colors, you will start to pull the needle through and sew back and forth through the middle until the bow is firmly secured.  With the final stitch, you will make a not at the bottom to secure it.  Cut the thread and fluff the korkers making sure every curl is in perfect place.  Now you can use that korker for a nice accent on a shirt or glue it to a barrett or alligator clip for a bow. 
marinemomof2
by on May. 7, 2008 at 12:47 PM
Just a tip for korkers also...you can spray them with starch to make sure they hold their curl (do it while still on the dowel!)
alarsen
by on Jul. 7, 2008 at 1:33 PM
I've got some of my favorites listed on my blog.
www.myhomespunthreads.blogspot.com

I'll list more as I get time but I think I'd like to have a list of my favorites in one place too!

Aimee Larsen

Owner, HomeSpunThreads.com

o many women today were not taught how to run a household efficiently while in the care of their mothers. God gives guidelines for how a virtuous woman lives. Proverbs 31 is an empowering look at the role of women. Not only is a virtuous woman righteous in the Lord, but she is a loving wife and mother, a smart shopper, a seamstress, a gardener, a good housekeeper, and trains her children with wisdom. Her husband appreciates her and can praise her to his associates and friends because she is worthy of praise. Is this attainable for the average Christian woman? Absolutely! All things are possible through Christ. With prayer and study and a little know-how, we can all be "Proverbs 31 women."

Jonie1027s
by on Nov. 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM

I just did a crayon roll tutorial/how to, it is on my blogger, if you want to see it here is the direct link. and Please ladies if you use it have fun.

http://childishthoughts-childishthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/10/crayon-roll-how-to.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)