Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So whats for christmas???

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

We are doing a christmas play here and my 7 yr old is playing St. Gabriel  the angel who announced the coming of christ.  I made her a peasont gown out of white guaze and it looks like somethign that came out of the 1800 early 1900's.  I loved the way it came out and I added a sash thats is made of glttery silver tulle.  I still have to figure out how Im gonna make the halo.  I was thinking of making them like flower girl crowns maybe out of some kind of star garland or something.  IDK...I will try to post pics here with her modeling the dress and halo...the wings are being borrowed from someone else.  So i dont have them yet.

Tomorrow we have dress rehersal so Ill take loads of pics.  So whats up with you guys??? After christmas we might go to Aspen to spend new years skiing. 

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KittyGram
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:19 PM

I'm new to the group (as of yesterday!!).  Although I've been sewing off and on for many years, I'm really pretty new to it.  I have an awesome machine (Viking Scandinavia 200) that I bought myself for Christmas 3 years ago.  This is the first year, though, that it's really getting a workout. 

Right now I'm making a doll quilt for my 5 yr old granddaughter.  Her almost-3 year old sister's is done already; I've cross stitched an afghan for the 3 yr old, finishing off the backing and the hem with the machine; I've made the 5 yr old a jumper; for the baby (4 month old grandson) I've made flannel p.j.'s.  I've made a couple of stockings; quite a few sets of those criss cross coasters that the tutorial is floating around on cafemom; what else???  Oh, doll diapers for the granddaughters to share; i'm still going to make them some fabric headbands, and for my grandson a couple more pairs of flannel p.j.'s.  For a friend, I'm HOPING to make her a tote bag for her crocheting goodies.  She's already got a few, but I want to MAKE something for her.

My non-sewing homemade gifts:  A couple of no-sew tutus; a door hanger with those cardboard letters that spells out JOY (decopaged); a couple of cross stitched bibs for my grandson; each of my grandchildren already got cross stitched ornaments for their tree.

I know there's more, but I can't think right now!!!  I've really been having a blast.  I will post some photos later on!

trendy4you
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM

Wow! You have been busy! My sewing machine has dust on it right now! :(

Quoting KittyGram:

I'm new to the group (as of yesterday!!).  Although I've been sewing off and on for many years, I'm really pretty new to it.  I have an awesome machine (Viking Scandinavia 200) that I bought myself for Christmas 3 years ago.  This is the first year, though, that it's really getting a workout. 

Right now I'm making a doll quilt for my 5 yr old granddaughter.  Her almost-3 year old sister's is done already; I've cross stitched an afghan for the 3 yr old, finishing off the backing and the hem with the machine; I've made the 5 yr old a jumper; for the baby (4 month old grandson) I've made flannel p.j.'s.  I've made a couple of stockings; quite a few sets of those criss cross coasters that the tutorial is floating around on cafemom; what else???  Oh, doll diapers for the granddaughters to share; i'm still going to make them some fabric headbands, and for my grandson a couple more pairs of flannel p.j.'s.  For a friend, I'm HOPING to make her a tote bag for her crocheting goodies.  She's already got a few, but I want to MAKE something for her.

My non-sewing homemade gifts:  A couple of no-sew tutus; a door hanger with those cardboard letters that spells out JOY (decopaged); a couple of cross stitched bibs for my grandson; each of my grandchildren already got cross stitched ornaments for their tree.

I know there's more, but I can't think right now!!!  I've really been having a blast.  I will post some photos later on!

Jennifer Lariscey, Independent Consultant with SpaGirl Parties
Delicious Bath and Body Products!   Make it a SPA-tacular day!www.myspagirlparties.com/jlariscey

huggabunch
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I made up my own little pattern and I am sewing Gingerbread Girl Dolls (dark brown) and Sugar Cookie Dolls (beige) to give as gifts to some of my realtives. I am having so much fun making them.  I am new to sewing so they are not professional looking by any means but they do have that "MADE WITH LOVE" kind of rag doll touch to them.

I will post pics before I mail them out.

KittyGram
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Those sound really cute!  Can't wait to see pics!

Quoting huggabunch:

I made up my own little pattern and I am sewing Gingerbread Girl Dolls (dark brown) and Sugar Cookie Dolls (beige) to give as gifts to some of my realtives. I am having so much fun making them.  I am new to sewing so they are not professional looking by any means but they do have that "MADE WITH LOVE" kind of rag doll touch to them.

I will post pics before I mail them out.

KittyGram
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Yeah, I live by myself, so it's pretty easy to get caught up in crafts.  I get home from work, eat dinner, clean up, and then go right to a project.  Usually.  The past 2 nights, though, I've watched a little television before getting started, but really, most evenings I have no other responsibilities.  So, it's been easy to get this stuff done.  Last night I almost finished a p.j. top for my grandson, with only the hem, buttons, and button holes yet to do. 

Quoting trendy4you:

Quoting KittyGram:

remjsmom76
by Group Owner on Dec. 21, 2008 at 7:09 PM

HOW FUN!!!  I try to get work in but after work, I come home to clean and dinner, clean after dinner and then im so ready for bed!  DH doesnt like me "working" on crafts after a certain hour. However i dont have any other time than when the kids go to bed.  If I get up early the kids will too.  So im still trying to balance things out.

Quoting KittyGram:

Yeah, I live by myself, so it's pretty easy to get caught up in crafts.  I get home from work, eat dinner, clean up, and then go right to a project.  Usually.  The past 2 nights, though, I've watched a little television before getting started, but really, most evenings I have no other responsibilities.  So, it's been easy to get this stuff done.  Last night I almost finished a p.j. top for my grandson, with only the hem, buttons, and button holes yet to do. 

Quoting trendy4you:

Quoting KittyGram:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)