Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you growing???

Posted by   + Show Post

What veggies are members planting this year?

We have expanded both of our gardens again this year. We planted our onions and garlic about 2 weeks ago and started planting our potatoes last week until we heard the weather forecast for the weekend ( blizzard conditions and temps in the teens on Sat the first day of spring) so we only planted 2 rows and will plant the rest this week if the ground dries out enough.

Our gardens will consist of tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, beets radishes, turnips, onions, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeño peppers, okra, sweet corn, yellow squash, patty pan squash, spaghetti squash, zucchini squash, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, watermelon and cantaloupe.

The broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, celery, watermelon & cantaloupe are new additions to our garden we have never grown any of them before and have no idea how well they will grow in our area or how hard they are to grow. I am thinking I will put the watermelon and cantaloupe in an area all of their own since they require more room to spread out and grow. HAPPY GARDENING FOLKS!!!

by on Mar. 21, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Replies (21-27):
flowersmama
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM

i have pumkins, peas, tomatoes, an acorn squash, carrots, wild chives, garlic corn rosemary, and cosmos!

JTriches
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Cherry tomtoes, tomatoes, res and yellow peppers, Arugula, spinack, tobacco, herbs- rosemary, sage, basil, thai basil

koosette
by Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM

we got tomatoes, egg plant, cucumbers, and zuccini

purecity
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I have strawberry, tomato, zuccini, rasberry, and chinese onion chives veggies and fruits. I have a few herbs as well, such as; lemon balm, oregeno, mint, artemasia, and some other wild herbs that have just grown naturally.

reux
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I finally have a garden again (it's a smallish space in a community garden but still). I'm growing a ton of stuff. I'll update later.

reux
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM

basil, eggplants, armenian cucumber, onions, tomatoes, a few edible flowers, lettuce (2 varieties), cilantro, oregano, sage, purslane, black beans, turnips, kale

Cutenessmom
by New Member on May. 28, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Everything :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN