Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get my Hydrangea to bloom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I can never seem to get my hydrangeas to bloom!  Once, i had a hydrangea that grew so pretty and  full, with the greenest leaves but, no flowers ever bloomed on it!  Help me!!!!!!

by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 2:30 PM
Replies (11-14):
bergencounty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 3:17 PM

ANy flowers yet ... mine flowered late this year also.

Quoting grateful01:

Thank You, everyone for  your informative input. When i buy another hydrangea for the third time, i'll be sure to let you all know how it is coming along!

sportsmom216
by Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I have two. One small and one that is larger.  The smaller one bloomed quicker and was pink (very pretty).  The larger one only got a few flowers and then quit.  Mine are in the full sun BUT we have an extremely dry here in south central PA.  I have been watering them but it wasn't in time to save the blooms...just the plant itself.  Definitely move the sunny spot. 

Visit my group The Sun Room to discuss your indoor garden!

little flower

doccat
by Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Get yourself a soil test kit from your local extension office.   Hydrangea are acid lovers and you may need to add additional amendments to your soil.  A soil test is an inexpensive way to make sure you have soil with the correct pH for the best growth and bloom.

mom2bell
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I was told Coffee grounds help the Ph in the soil around hydrangea's  Anyone know about this?  I tried it the last 2 years, the first year got a few blooms on my then newly planted blue hydrangea, last year I did not get any blooms.  SO I have no information based on my results to go from...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN