Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group...my story

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2008 at 7:07 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 199 Total Views
Hello, I am so glad I found this group... I am hoping that maybe through sharing with other Moms who lost their babies, we all can heal together...

My boyfriend and I had been expecting our first baby, a girl that we named Sophia. My whole pregnancy had been a rough one, I had been diagnosed with diabetes, had some blood pressure issues, as well as platlets issues throughout the whole 9 months, and even though my baby was quite a large one, everything was going ok when it came to her. She was such an active baby, kicking and squirming all the time in there, stretching me out as much as she could, her heart seemed to be working just fine, she hated ultrasounds though, always shying away when the drs wanted to look at her. I remember one incident when the dr had sent me to the hospital to look at her fluid levels that when the tech tried to look at the flow of her cord, she reached up, grabbed it and turned around. My little girl had attitude.

So it seemed strange to me when I wasnt feeling her move as much as normal. Granted, she had her moments before where she wouldnt move for an hour or so and I would get worried and right when I was about to pick up the phone and call the dr, she would kick me a couple times and let me know she was ok. But this time something was wrong, I felt it, but I figured the dr would say that it was because she was so big that she was just running out of room so I waited because I had a drs appointment that morning. Now looking back, I wish I would have just called, why didnt I? Why did I let my stupid brain talk me out of what I was feeling? But, I waited and I went the next morning and told the lady at the front why I was there an hour earlier than I was supposed to be. They ended up making me wait anyway, then they took me back to the ultrasound machine and looked at her and I held my breath. But she had a heartbeat, she was breathing but she wasnt moving so she called the dr in and she told me to go to the hospital. So I went and grabbed my boyfriend and we went. We knew the routine, get undressed, pee in the cup and the nurse would be with you. Since it was so early Justin decided to go get a bite to eat since I had got him out of bed and came right to the hospital. He left and I waited for the nurse and she came in. She tried to find Sophias heartbeat with the monitor first, but couldnt so she went and grabbed the ultrasound machine since both the dr and I had told her there was a hearbeat at the drs office. She looked and then said she was gonna get someone who knew how to use the machine better. She got the tech, he introduced himself and looked. He concentrated and then asked me to lay back more. He looked.... then he called another dr in and by this time I knew something was up so I was trying to look at the screen but the dr had me lay back further and after a minute he said the words that I have forever ringing in my ears. "Theres something wrong with the baby, we cant find a heartbeat."

I asked him what, I started to cry and I asked him if he was sure, I asked him to look again and the next minutes were a blur... I couldnt understand, she was FINE just an hour prior! I dont understand still... I dont remember them wheeling me into another room but they did and they asked me what Justins name was so they could page him, I told them and just cried and cried... I couldnt understand, I couldnt believe, there was no way! Justin came in and I tried to tell him but I couldnt say it aloud to him and so the nurse told him and he asked her if they were sure and he just sat down. What he did next I dont know, I just remember turning to the wall and sobbing and sobbing and sobbing... my baby, my daughter was gone and I didnt know what to do. Why had this happened? What did I do? What did I do to deserve this? Was I being punished for the sins of my past? Why me? Why MY daughter?! WHY?! WHY?! WHY!?

The next couple hours were a blur of a horrible phone call to my Mom in California (we are in FL), the nurses telling my in-laws who had arrived at the hospital shortly after we did. People arriving, my dr telling me what the next steps were, but all I could think of was my angel. Why had she been taken from me? Did she suffer? What happened? Were they SURE? They finally wheeled me in the back to take her via c-section.

Sophia Alexis was born past 6 in the evening weighing 11 pounds and 7 ounces. Big girl... they cleaned her up and dressed her and brought her to me after I was wheeled out of surgery. She was absolutley beautiful... and even though I cried over her, I marveled at just how beautiful she was, how she looked so much like me with her head full of black hair with blonde highlights (she must have heard the fights over her hair color) and her chubby cheeks and hands that were identical to mine but lips like her Daddys. She was breathtaking....

We held a viewing service for her a couple days later after I was released from the hospital and everyone important to me showed up. She looked so peaceful but in my heart I was crushed. I dont understand why my beautiful daughter was taken from me. What did I do wrong? That was all I could ask myself over and over again. I wasnt supposed to be crying tears of sorrow, I was supposed to be crying tears of joy! Why has God done this to me? I dont think I will ever know...But what I do know is that Sophia would have wanted me to be happy, she wants me to think of her and not cry... I know this in my head and heart but my heart is not ready to listen yet. But like I said, I feel its what Sophia would want....so here I am. I am writing and hopefully healing at the same time.
by on Apr. 25, 2008 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kaysons_mommy
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2008 at 7:56 PM

im so sorry for your loss. i unfortunately know what you are goin through. i lost my son Braeden when i was 7 1/2 months pregnant. i had a very normal pregnancy and he just stopped moving one day. as soon as i went to the hospital and the nurses couldn't find his heartbeat i knew something was wrong right away. this all happened on the 4th of july back in 2006 so now around that time its always hard for me. i had to go through a painful labor and for what? but i asked myself the same questions why me? why my son? its been almost 2 years and i still ask myself those questions. i now have a beautiful 10 month old son Kayson and he is the love of my life but he still doesn't replace Braeden. if you ever want to talk im here.

mommy to Kayson Daniel

asanchez983
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2008 at 8:00 PM
Thank you so much for sharing with me... its just been so hard this past month... and I am going through so much. I have moments where I am "ok" and then it goes away and its replaced with either anger at myself or the drs or just complete sorrow... but I hope I can make her proud! :)
mocervi
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2008 at 9:01 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, I also lost my angel girl just over a month ago and its been really hard, there is not a day that goes by that I still don't cry for her. Thank you for sharing your story, you and your family are in my prayers and if you ever want to talk please pm anytime.      Monia
KiwiJo
by Member on May. 27, 2008 at 8:19 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us.  My story is just about identical too you.
My baby girl was 40 weeks & 2 days when i delivered her vaginally.  She was just like your little baby...VERY ACTIVE and gave loads of attitude.  The cord was wrapped tightly around her neck, i was told it only takes 7 minutes for it to happen.  Not enough time to get to the hospital or let alone fill out the forms once you get to the hospital!  The question WHY? will never be answered but i know there was nothing either of us could have done differently to change the outcome.  They are our angels for a reason. Why, who knows?
I had the perfect pregnancy and we could not have predicted this devastating outcome.  If you ever need to talk i will be here.  I've just joined this website today looking to talk with others that have gone through what we have.
I dont ever expect to get over the pain but i want to know how to cope with the loss.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN