Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just lost my first born to a cord accident...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 525 Total Views
Hello. I just stumbled upon this group by accident. I just lost my first born son Christian on Dec. 16th due to a cord accident. I am in deep mourning, and am finding it hard to even get out of bed and take a shower. His nursery just sits empty, and I will never get to bring him home. I want to be a mother so bad, but I am terrified to ever try this again. Its so painful. Any kind words will help. God bless our babies in heaven.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your tragic loss. While you might be finding it difficult right now to move on, know that time does help heal. It can never erase the reality of what happened to your son but hopefully it will bring you ease and comfort, to help you move on. I wish you all the best!

by New Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss and my heart aches for you.  My son Daniel was stillborn at 39 weeks on 6/9/08 and they do not know why.

I found myself in the same boat not able to get out of bed for weeks.  I couldn't eat or sleep on top of that.  The depth of the pain is so hard and real.  You are not alone in what you are going through.  Some of the things that helped me, and everyone is different of course, include reading some books on stillbirth and loss, antidepressant and sleep aid medication, walking, counselor.  It has been a very hard road, but I know I will get through it.  Please email whenever you would like and feel up to it.

I can understand why you feel terrified right now to try again.  I am very hesitant right now,  I look at my 4 year old son and know that when I am ready it will be worth it to try again despite the suffering.  Take care and hang in there as best you can.

by New Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My son James became an angel on Aug 7 2008 he was stillborn at 29 weeks. My heart aches for you and everyone else who has to go thru this. I am here if you ever need to vent. If you want send me a message I will give you my messanger names and we can chat if you ever need a shoulder.

by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I am so sorry for your loss! My heart breaks for you! We lost our son Carson at 25 weeks back in August. He was our first and they did an autopsy and couldn't find a cause of death. The doctor's told us it was a fluke and it wouldn't happen again. I knew we still wanted kids but I was sooooo nervous/scared to get pregnant again. We just found out in November that we're expecting our second. We didn't think we'd get pregnant so fast. I am so blessed to be pregnant again but honestly I worry soooo much. I don't think that would have changed if we would have waited a year or more. I've put my faith in God and my trust in my high risk doctors. So far everything is looking great. I'll be sure to keep all of you angel mommies in my prayers!!

by New Member on Feb. 22, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I lost my baby due to a cord accident also.  He was still born when I was 30 1/2 weeks.  My best advice is to do something positive each day and to allow yourself to mourn.  Time will help heal your wounds.  It has now been about a year and a half for me and it does get better. 

This website was very theraputic to me, as was making the webpage as a memorial to my son.  I have some links on my site about cord accidents and such.  You may find them helpful.  All I wanted were answers on how to help prevent this in the future. 

I wish you the best and I am available if you need an ear.

by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Take your time and grieve how you feel necessary. I lost a son in 2007 to knot in the cord. Little Adam lives on everyday in my heart. I also had a son in 2005 and I always thought it would have been so much harder if the one I lost had been my first born but since I had already had a successful pregnantcy before the loss I knew I could do it. I had a daughter in 2009 and I will admit at times I felt I was cheating on Adam and I did not deserve to be happy with my other children but now I have learned I do deserve to be happy. I have also learned that nothing heals better than the smile and laugh of a child. When you are ready and when the doctor says it is safe try again if that is what you want. I also found that planting a flower garden every year like a memorial garden has helped me greatly every year. It gives you the chance to take care of somehimg beautiful every year. Take care now and listen to your heart and you will know what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)