Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training?????

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 318 Total Views

Poll

Question: Should I start to potty train now, at 15 months??

Options:

Yes

No, too soon..

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 3

View Results

I have a 15 month old daughter and as u all may know being that you are all mothers, diapers and wipes can get expensive.. I recieved a potty training seat for her birthday, and I am ready to put it to some good use, but how? How do I begin to potty train? My daughter thinks the seat is a toy! What to do.. Any advice??

by on Sep. 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cassandrans
by Member on Sep. 3, 2008 at 4:52 PM

I always take Lily to the bathroom with me when I go.  I'll sit her on her potty and sometimes she actually uses it.  Then of course I praise her like crazy and the do the "peepee in the potty" dance!   Just get her use to it and eventually, she'll take the lead.

Ruth.G
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Thanks for the advice.. I will try that.

Ruth&Dani
MyApplePrincess
by Member on Sep. 30, 2008 at 10:47 PM

I have just started potty training my 2 year old, but I think I would have liked it better to start earlier especially because of the cost.  With my 6 mo old I plan to potty train her more quickly but for now to save money I design and sell (to create a little extra money) Chic cloth diapers.  I don't know.  It works for me!  But, more power to ya if you want to start now!  I was told to only do "big girl panties" for around a week or longer if necessary and we are on day three.  She only had one accident today! Yay! Good luck

Amber K.
Little Apple Princess Designs - Chic Cloth Diapers

Makenzies_mom
by Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 7:55 AM

i plaining on potty training my daughter when she starts walk shell be 13 months soon and walks but raely shed rather crawl lol anyway she holds her blatter at nite almost every nite beleave it or not and nape times are the same she she hates to be wet and thats all there is to it my prouble is she loves the big potty but when i put her on it she screams but will flush the potty go fig and the potty chairs i see out there for 18months and above and there huge compared to hre shes only 18lbs and 29 in so shes small. good luck and wish me luck to.

Pigletsmommy129
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I was going to ask when a good time would be to start potty training my daughter, she is almost two and she is just now starting to show a little interest in going. I think that is only because I just recently got my almost three year old boy trained. When I take her she just sits there, laughs and giggles and says she is done. I don't know, I guess I will keep doing what we have been doing and hopefully she will catch on. She is my first daughter so I have no clue how to train a girll. The boys were easy!!! They pretty much trained each other...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)