Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else had this happen to their little girl??

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 354 Total Views

So i was at the doctors and when she was doing her checkup the doctor told me that her vagina was closing and that i needed to keep vaseline on it. Well when i got home (being curious) i went and was looking.. it looks completely closed.. there a small opening where her pee comes out of but other then that.. nothing..

I looked it up on line and i heard it's fairly common problem in little girls and it's called a fused vagina.

But have anyone else had this happen? will it fix it's self or will she need surgery?..

by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AmyL
by Member on Jun. 30, 2009 at 12:08 AM

My four year old had something like that when she was a baby, but I didn't have to do anything about it.  The doctor just checked it each time I took her in for an appointment and it seems to have taken care of itself.

Makenzies_mom
by Member on Jul. 25, 2009 at 4:17 AM

my friends little girl has that proublem shes now 1 yr and her who ha lol is fine now

mrsbierbaum
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 12:32 AM

My little girl had that problem. My doctor called it a libial adhesion. I think is what he said? maybe not the correct spelling, but i'm pretty sure. They gave me a hormon cream to put on there twice a day for two weeks, which opened it right up. it's not a big deal it's just cause from lake of estrogen in their body, which is why some doctors don't do anything about it because it normally fixes it self as the little girl gets closer to purperty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)