Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feel like the worst mom ever

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 364 Total Views

my daughter is 6 months old. she was extremely colic till around 4 months, when she finally started to calm down. now the problem is that she (still) cries when ever we put her to bed. it doesn't matter how tired she is, she'll just scream. both the doctor and my mom have said to just put her to bed and let her cry herself to sleep. we live in a one bedroom apartment so it's hard to get away from the noise even if i hide in the bedroom. but i just feel so bad leaving her crying. and to top it off, once she stops crying, i cant relax because i think i keep hearing her cry.   :/  anyone else have a situation like this?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kasey_adele
by New Member on May. 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM

um.  thanks for all the suggestions and support.   :/

CSandusky
by New Member on May. 29, 2010 at 2:25 PM

My goodness, I'm sorry I had trouble figuring out why I wasn't allowed to comment...then I realized I wasn't logged on even though I clicked straight from my email.....  :/

I read your post and my heart goes out to you! I felt that you were typing out my exact experience! My son is now 2 1/2. My mom says he was colicky, but since he is my first and only, I didn't realize it.  I thought that crying all the time was normal. (My mother has given birth to 8 children, so I trust her opinion.) For sleep training at 6mo, I got to the point where all I could do was get a good book, my iPod, and turn the dishwasher on. I sat in front of the dishwasher on the floor with my iPod on really loud while I read. I occasionally would look up at the baby monitor to check on him. I guess the flashing light didn't bother me as much as the actual sound of his cries. Eventually he did learn to fall asleep on his own. What other methods have you tried? Does she sleep with sound? Perhaps a lullaby or the noise machine (ocean, rain, etc.) Do you have a monitor with lights? You could try my iPod method and that way you won't jump at every little sound, like I did! hehe! I hope you and your angel are making progress! And again, I'm sorry I didn't post sooner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)