Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FT CAMPBELL, KENTUCKY?!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:05 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 265 Total Views

Hubby just got his orders, and it seems that in April we will be moving to Ft Campbell Kentucky. Do and of you ladies live there, or have you ever lived there? I am looking for some information as to what life is like there.

Love, Nicole

Wife of PVT Chad Davis

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Carly13
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:54 AM

I live here now. I live off-base though. I love it here. The weather is always really nice. And Ft. Campbell has a HUGEEE PX! Its like a mall! If you need help looking for houses in the area there is a website called ahrn.com. All you have to do is sign up, and you can search for houses either off base or on base. But Im just going to let you kno, there wont be much on base because pretty much the whole base just got back from a deployment. I live in Hopkinsville, but its 20 mins away from Ft. Campbell. I suggest Oak Grove, or Clarksville. They are both nice areas...simple smile

--Carly--

bailey_rc
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:20 PM

The new PX is the largest PX there is. We were there for 6 years

Quoting Carly13:

I live here now. I live off-base though. I love it here. The weather is always really nice. And Ft. Campbell has a HUGEEE PX! Its like a mall! If you need help looking for houses in the area there is a website called ahrn.com. All you have to do is sign up, and you can search for houses either off base or on base. But Im just going to let you kno, there wont be much on base because pretty much the whole base just got back from a deployment. I live in Hopkinsville, but its 20 mins away from Ft. Campbell. I suggest Oak Grove, or Clarksville. They are both nice areas...simple smile

NicoleKaryn
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM

woo thats exciting. the one where he is now is so small and boring haha.

Quoting bailey_rc:

The new PX is the largest PX there is. We were there for 6 years

Quoting Carly13:

Love, Nicole

Wife of PVT Chad Davis

thetrivetts
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Yea we are going to be there in June and I would like to know somethings about Ft. Campbell as well....

myboyshero
by Member on Feb. 2, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Must just be me becuase I dont realy like it here, must be ebcuase I don't know anyone. Comming from Fort Bragg there was so much to do. and living in Hopkinsville does not help.

TJ_Jasons_mummy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:55 PM

We have been at Ft Campbell since feb 08.

We live on post and love our house.
My oldest goes to both pre-k and preschool on post and we love both.

TuckyGirl
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 4:41 AM

I lived north of there at fort knox....sucks in the winter all rain, and ice storms

jennifer127
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I want to know more about it!!!  My husband was in the guard got out in April of last year (08), and now has reenlisted into the Army.  He gets his choice of bases, and is planning on picking Ft. Campbell!  What is it like there?  I wanna know as much as possible before we move, even if it is to there or not.  I'm kinda nervous and excited too!  Let me know! Thanx!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)