Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you stay at home with your kids?

Posted by on May. 19, 2009 at 11:31 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

Hey ladies - it is me again.  I hope I don't sound like a broken record, but I wanted to share this just in case there is even one lonely mommy out there looking for friends or just something to do with their kiddos during the daytime.   (I would have loved to know about this group when I first moved here, was a brand new mom with no friends and nothing to do all day except harass my husband at work, make long distance calls to my old friends and waste hours wandering around Target or Wal-Mart.)

Anyhow, the MOMS Club is having an Open House on Wednesday June 10th at Civitan North Park from 10AM-12Noon.  It is open to all at home moms(and their children) in the San Juan County area.  So feel free to invite your at home friends, come meet other at-home moms and let the kids play. 

For those of you who don't know the MOMS Club is a great support group for at-home moms that offers a wide range of activities for moms and kids like field trips, play dates, park days, parties, different activity groups like walking club, book club, coupon exchanges, recipe exchanges, etc...  You just pick and choose the activities you like that fit your schedule.  There is no pressure to attend everything.  The other really nice thing about this group is that they believe there is no one right way to raise your children and have no political or religious affiliations so it really is open to ALL at home moms, regardless of your personal lifestyle. Plus children are welcome to all events, so you don't have to get a babysitter or worry about who is watching your kids, because they can hang out with you at all of the events.   (Not that mine does - once my 3yo sees his friends he only comes to me for a drink, snack or to kiss the occasional boo-boo!)

Anyhow, if you can't make it to this event, but want more info on MOMS Club visit http://www.momsclub.org/ or you can send an email to momsclub@aol.com to find out which chapter you would fall into. (We have more than one in the area!) 

We will also have a booth at the KidsFest at McGee Park on Saturday June 6th, so if you are there, stop by and meet some of our moms! 

Nora

by on May. 19, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)