Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colleges with daycare or child development programs

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 257 Total Views
I'm tryin to go back to school and i know it's less expensive to actually go to the school but i'm not sure about puttin my son in a daycare. I'd like to take night classes also. My question is, is does anybody know of a college or university that has a child development program that accepts students children or has a daycare on site? I'd really like to be able to check on my son incase he needs me.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MooMom
by Group Owner on Apr. 17, 2007 at 1:36 AM

I went to Hartnell Community College and I know they have a Child Development Center there. I don't know if it's daycare though. I think it's pre-school, but as I recall (because some of my friends had their kids go there), they start really early so the kid can go for two years before kindergarten.

Hartnell is in Salinas. There is also Monterey Penninsula College(MPC) and USC Monterey Bay. They might also have child care at the Salinas Adult School, but that's not really a college.

You might also check Craigslist. I have noticed that there are a lot of SAHMs who offer to do some child care for some extra money.

steviems
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:42 PM
mmmm

mpc is either age 2 or 3 and up and UCMB (which is in ft. ord, but we already went through that) does not have a current program becuase no one was using the one they had.

I actually might look into hartnell though. didnt even think of it.

MPC has lots of night classes, but the summer session is going to start on june 11, with limited night classes (meaning the ones im taking are stupid, but need credits anyway).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)