Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Chicago

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:07 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 312 Total Views

Hey everyone! My husband got a job in Chicago so we will moving there from NYC soon. I was wondering which are safe family friendly neighborhoods. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and am looking for a good place to keep him busy and meet new people. Thanks.

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
librarywizard
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM

We live in Jefferson Park (Northwest side of the city), great neighborhood for kids and close to public transportation (if you are working downtown and don't want to pay parking fees, which are REALLY high). A lot of people take the train into downtown.

chitown60609
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM

We live near 47th and Western on the Southside and it's not too bad around where we live, there are a lot of family friendly neighborhoods. Check out houses on the Northwest side, avoid certain areas on the Southside and most of the Westside. Lincoln Park is a nice place to live, it's on the Northside between Diversey and Armitage and Sheffield to the lake. You also want to avoid some areas on the Northside, places like Rogers Park, Juneway Jungle, areas around Lawrence Avenue and areas on the cta red line from Irving Park to Howard. Look at the prices too, if it looks like a great deal it's probably in a rough part of town.

henzel3
by Group Admin on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:03 AM
welcome to the group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)