Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just wondering

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

How do you moms feel about the cps(Chicago public school) strike and how are you handling it?

******edit****** do you think this has gone to far after someone is hit here is a link to the story for those you havent heard yet http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-Teacher-Struck-By-Car-on-Picket-Line-169471136.html and what is your opinion on whats happening?

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
librarywizard
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM
I hope it ends soon. My son is special needs and he is bored out of his skull. He keeps trying to do bad things.
henzel3
by Group Admin on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

i am so sorry to hear this and i can only imagine how hard it is. i live in alsip but i was just wondering how some of the mommas were handling it. its all over the news but they hardly talk about how the parents and children are doing.

Quoting librarywizard:

I hope it ends soon. My son is special needs and he is bored out of his skull. He keeps trying to do bad things.

librarywizard
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Thanks, we are just trying to keep him occupied. I am a single mom and I work, thank goodness we live with my mom and she can help me. I signed my son up at his park during the day (he normally goes there after school for special recreation programs) so all the staff know him and are trying to keep him busy. I am also in my last semester of graduate school, so I am pretty busy.

henzel3
by Group Admin on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Oh man I am so sorry to hear how this has affected you,your son and family I hope that your son and all the other kids do back to school real soon.

Quoting librarywizard:

Thanks, we are just trying to keep him occupied. I am a single mom and I work, thank goodness we live with my mom and she can help me. I signed my son up at his park during the day (he normally goes there after school for special recreation programs) so all the staff know him and are trying to keep him busy. I am also in my last semester of graduate school, so I am pretty busy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)