Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cool event I found - for kids who love trains!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2015 at 3:23 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 134 Total Views

Hey moms! I've been looking around for cool things going on this weekend, and I stumbled upon this train show coming to Palatine. 

--

Are you looking for a fun, super affordable way to spend a day with the family this weekend?

It's that time of year again - High Wheeler Train Show is rolling back to Harper College in Palatine for a weekend filled with fun, imagination, and of course, trains, trains, TRAINS!

With 20 elaborate operating model railroads, the High Wheeler Train Show is a must-see for all train-loving little ones and their families. From a layout made completely of Legos® and one that hosts Thomas the Tank Engine® and his friends...to a layout that measures 2,400 square feet, there's plenty to see and enjoy.

And when the kids want a break from looking at trains, head over to the Kids Activity Area, which is packed with FREE activities! From coloring and crafts to face painting on Sunday, there's plenty to do to take the fun home.

New this year in the Kids Activity Area is a Make-and-Take model building clinic - a chance for the kids to build a Walthers Train Station Kit alongside a more experienced modeler. It's FREE with pre-registration, which moms (or dads!) can do online at www.highwheelertrainshow.com, and a great way to kick-start their own model railroad.

Hourly door prizes are drawn throughout the whole weekend, surprising visitors with great train-themed gifts. Expert modelers from across the Midwest will be giving families a peek into how the layouts come together through demonstrations, and local hobby vendors will have plenty of deals for those who are interested in building their own layouts.

Sound like a blast? Here are the details:

When: Saturday, February 28 and Sunday, March 1, 2015 from 9AM to 5PM

Where: Harper College Athletics Center, Building M - Palatine, IL 60067

Admission (cash-only!):

·         Kids under 5 get in FREE!

·         Kids from 5 - 12 get in FREE with a printable voucher (available at the www.highwheelertrainshow.com), or standard fare is $2

·         Teens and Adults : $9

·         Adults over 65 : $7

There is plenty of FREE parking, and the show is handicap accessible! 

--

Are any of your little ones into trains? Just thought I'd share! (Sorry for the copy and paste from their website - definitely faster than summarizing!)

by on Feb. 20, 2015 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)