Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

tablecolth streamers

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2009 at 10:21 AM
  • 35 Replies

does anyone have any ideas for doing a those tablecloth streamers things? I seen two other post with them, and was wondering how they put them up, etc.....

and party hats they were tooo cute

by on Nov. 28, 2009 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GeorGeZilla
by on Nov. 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Those were my posts I think! I was planning on doing a tutorial with pictures but I didn't have enough time being sick & all.  It's actually pretty easy though.  Here are the crappy instructions I made...don't laugh!  You'll need at least 3 table cloths, 8 tacks per table cloth, scissors, and a helper.  Ive done this by myself it just takes longer and it's harder to do make them look even.  You can have the ends scrunched up like in the middle, but I spead mine out, I think it looks better this way.

Sould look something like this.  I always tie a bunch of balloons together to put in the middle so it hides the tacks.

The more colors you use the better it will look.  This is great for a circus or carnival theme because it looks like a big tent.

Try using tulle for a girly party!  It's more expensive but you can reruse it or make tutus out of it or something!

IMG_0009

IMG_0371

IMG_0372

101_5250

tyesmommy
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I loved your drawing,( photoshop? and your nieces party was the one with the unicorns right? you should totally have your own blog.... lol

how many balloons did you use in the middle?

GeorGeZilla
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 3:16 AM

Thanks Tyesmommy! One of these days I'm going to build up the courage to make my own blog!! 

For the balloon bunches I usually do 8 balloons. 

rnmay1206
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Thanks for posting the directions!  I emailed you awhile back when I thought I was going to be able to do this with Gabe's Winter One-derland theme but stupid clubhouse rented the clubhouse out to someone else and our living room has a fan smack in the middle with low ceilings.  Anywho, hope to be able to try this one day!!!

Rachel

CafeMom Tickers
mareksmama
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Oh!  That's sooo cool!  I've never seen this done before!

awesomeamylynn
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Thanks for showing us how to do these. They look really neat. I am thinking about trying to do them for our Christmas party but am not sure what colors to use- green and red for Christmas colors or blue and white to match the snowman place settings. Any sugjestions?

Amy

ZelisMommy
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Love it! Cant wait to try!

mamade2ninas831
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Thanks for showing us how to do this! Can't wait to try it!

blessedrub
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM

This looks very nice, and I must say professionally done.

auroragold
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

DD had a WINTER WONDERLAND birthday party yesterday.  I saw this post and liked your idea but

-I didn't want to buy tablecloths
-I didn't have balloons
-I have a hanging light fixture over my dining room table.

HOWEVER

-I had a gazillion yards of white tulle from another project

So I strung swaths of white tulle from the corners and wrapped it around my hanging light fixture.  I added white christmas lights.

And - because I had them - I tucked blue glittery snowflakes (they're table tossers) inside of the white tulle.

It looked quite wonderlandish!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)